𝔉𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔇𝔢𝔳𝔦𝔩

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔦𝔵𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔫

You would think I would know about the term nightmare, but then I had never met Lorenzo.

In society, the term nightmare is usually associated with bad dreams or experiences. Most often, these nightmares are paired with the two emotions of fear and panic.

In the case of fear, our brain interprets the perception as dangerous. From there, the message then reaches the system responsible for our emotions. Specific areas of this system, the hippocampus and the amygdala, also known as the amygdala, then cause the hypothalamus to trigger the appropriate physical reactions. The hypothalamus causes the release of adrenaline, noradrenaline, cortisol and cortisone via neural pathways in the adrenal medulla.

My professor had always brought up the subject when we had had the neurological processes in the lectures.

Well, at least I had studied until this whole mess had come up.

Actually, I would have started again when my semester break was over, but I had written to my professor that I had a few problems at the moment and would therefore only be doing university from "home" for a few more weeks.

They had not been enthusiastic, but that was of little interest to me.

But now back to the subject.

Nightmares, or in my case Lorenzo. Which was pretty much the same thing.

Groaning and sweating, I stood opposite him and just stared at him. How else was I supposed to react, please? I mean the guy was almost thirty centimetres taller than me and probably half my weight again.

God had mercy on me.

The black sweatpants were also soaked with sweat by now and in between I was really torn about taking off my shirt, but then I thought better of it, because I definitely didn't want to be called fat again.

While my curls curled even more with sweat, I couldn't see a single drop of sweat on Lorenzo.

But that was just a minor matter, because the next moment he pulled his shirt over his head and threw it to the end of the mat.

Briefly my heart seemed to skip a beat as I let my gaze wander over his torso. And although he was the biggest asshole in the world, he had a body that even Adonis would have been jealous of.

His tan skin stretched over muscles. His six-pack was clearly visible and I had to pull myself together not to drool. His arms were also covered in muscle, but not like he was pumped up.

Clearing his throat in amusement, I tore my gaze away from his torso and looked up into his face.

The other three had moved further and further into the background and I focused only on Lorenzo.

"Ti piace quello che vedi?"

-->you like what you see?

His voice was dark and velvety like silk and sent shivers down my spine but I stopped myself from showing him my feelings.

And even though I didn't understand him, his smug expression only made me shrug my shoulders in boredom.

If he needed reassurance, he should look at himself in the mirror. I certainly wouldn't boost his ego any further. It was bad enough now.

With a single movement, he gestured for me to stand up.

Grumbling and puffing, I stood up on wobbly legs and huffed for now. Just standing up was enough for my body to want to collapse again. I just wasn't made for exercise.