Coming out of his trail of thoughts, Adryan inspects the mangled dead body. It was missing chunks of its body just like the one that attacked his pack during the initiation, its jaw wide open as if someone had broken them purposefully.

"Call Blaine, and ask him to run the tests he did on the rogues last time," Adryan speaks to Brian.

Upon further inspection of the dead body, Adryan managed to catch the faint scent of another wolf, it seemed like this one managed to escape after the killing of the rogue they found.

-

Jade sipped on her green tea, as she sat on a stool along the kitchen counter, it was one at the noon, and she was home alone since Adryan left early in the morning for his Alpha duties, and Jade had already left Adonis at the nursery.

She looked outside the window in boredom, her gaze moving towards the figures moving back and forth through the perimeters of the house, Apparently, Adryan had appointed patrol guards near the house, in and around the pack territory, after they'd found a dead body which was about a month ago, he clearly wasn't taking any chances with the safety of his pack members. There also has been a curfew imposed, all pack members were supposed to be inside their homes by ten.

Jade also learned that Adryan liked her the food she had prepared for him since he had both Brian and Violet complaining to him about how he didn't even care to share his lunch with them, Jade was obviously flattered to hear that, so she had made it a daily habit to prepare lunch for Adryan every morning, which he would take it along with him, packed in a lunchbox.

Which reminded her of the incident that happened after the first day she had prepared lunch for him

The doorbell catches Jade's attention as it rings, she had a sleeping Adonis in her arms, she was just about to head towards her room when the doorbell rang. Cautiously, she opens the front door with one hand while the other held Adonis. She was relieved to see that it was just Adryan.

Jade moves aside so that he could step in, He looked tired with bags underneath his eyes. He rubbed his eye while the other held the empty food container.

"Let me take that," Jade says, pointing towards the empty container.

"Pass him to me," Adryan says motioning to Adonis who she still held in her arms "Your arm might be getting tired" Indeed her arms were aching since she had been holding Adonis for quite a while now since he wouldn't go to sleep easily.

Adryan takes Adonis from her, meanwhile, she takes the container from him, she was about to turn back and head into the kitchen to clean the container. But a hand on her wrist stops her. She eyes the hand on her wrist, her eyes trailing up to meet blue eyes. Sparks spread through her body at his touch.

"Thank you for the food," he says, his cheeks tinting a light shade of red.

"Are you blushing?" She asks him, causing the redness to grow further, amusing her. Instead of replying to her, he leans forwards and places a kiss on her cheek, saying his good night and leaving with Adonis. Now she was the one standing in the foyer with cheeks tainted red.

After that small moment, Adryan had gotten bolder with his approaches, whether it was finding an excuse to touch her or standing behind her while she cooked, he had also made it a habit to spend time with her and Adonis, coming home at night and having dinner with them to him playing silly and goofy games with Adonis, which brought a smile to Jade's face.

She couldn't believe there was a time in the past when she never wanted Adryan to know about Adonis, she realized how wrong she was in denying him of that happiness.

A knock on the front door makes Jade jolt in her seat with surprise, she was confused about who would be visiting at this time, but the familiar scent of Dahlia's made her relax.

Opening the front door, her eyes met a pair of blue-green ones, Jade's eyes lit up as she sees the person.

"Joan" Jade says excitedly. "What brings you here?"

"Nothing" Joan waves her hand in a dismissive motion but then adds, "Would you like to accompany me to the pack library?"

Her question catches Jade off guard, "Now?" she asks in confusion.

"Yes, right now. Come on." With that said, Joan turns and starts walking towards the direction of the packhouse.

Jade immediately wears her shoes and runs after the woman.

"Did you have any vision?" Jade asks once she catches up with Joan. Joan doesn't say anything, she doesn't accept nor deny it.

"You have to be patient," She says after a moment.

▪️

Don't be a silent reader ;)

Vote, comment, and share.

-Naomi