new friend..? [SC]

Knock knock.

"Hm?" Ellwyn looked up, they weren't expecting any visitors.

Knock.

She got up, putting down her rosemary on the table next to a bowl. Heading towards the door, she grabs a small, thick, blunt stick and opened the door.

A tall, hooded figure stood in front of the door, "hello there, I'm terribly sorry to bother you. But I am new here and have absolutely nothing to my name, could I bother to ask for some bread?"

"Oh, of course!" Ellwyn opened the door, allowing the stranger in, "my name is Ellwyn, dinners already on, it's a nice homemade soup. You're free to stay for the night."

"Thank you, kind Ellwyn," They bowed, as to show respect for the cleric, "My name is Sybil."

"What a unique name, it's very nice." They smiled softly.

Sybil flinched a little, watching them. They were going to kill her in their sleep, that was always the plan. "What's the stick for?" They asked.

"Hm? Oh, this! Sometimes people aren't the nicest, you never know. Can I offer you some tea?"

They smiled, "sure thing, Ellwyn."

After dinner was served, they had a nice chat about themselves. Ellwyn explaining that they had a child, but she was staying with her uncle for a few days to sightsee. Sybil talked about how for was a traveller, but had been robbed by a few people on the way here, very unfortunate, Ellwyn has empathised.

She brought leaf to their room for the night, telling for that they might be up a little later trying to finish medicine for the town.

"They're very kind..." Sybil mumbled to forself, thinking back to the whole reason leaf became like this. Their daughter, who had been brutally killed for no reason other than 'why not'.

Lea got very angry thinking about it.

They decided to sleep the night, kill her in the morning.

But for couldn't bring leafself to do it. They reminded them too much of their daughter.

"Thank you for letting me stay, dearest Ellwyn, I shall remember how you treated me."

They decided to leave before for did something they might regret.