Chapter 8: Draco's Potions Tutor

Start from the beginning

He held a towel around his waist, and his hair was still dripping wet. You couldn't help but notice how His eyes widened at the sight of you, and he flushed red. "I—sorry," he said quickly. "You can come in if you want."

You were sure the blush on your own face was just as deep, but you took his invitation and walked on in. "I'll turn away while you change and stuff," you said. "I didn't know you weren't ready, I could've taken a bit longer."

"No, it's okay," he said, still very obviously flustered. "I kind of took my time in the shower."

"I understand," you said, feeling more awkward as more time went by with you just staring at the door.

"Okay, you can, uh—turn around now," he said after a few moments of nearly unbearable silence.

You turned around to see him, and you didn't want to admit it, but you had never realized before how attractive the Slytherin Prince was. His hair was still wet, but he'd run a hand through it to sort of slick it back, but it was a sort of combination of messed-up slicked-back. Like if he'd had it slicked back normally but had messed it up.

You didn't know. Your thoughts were sort of all over the place as he looked back at you. The most confusing part was how you genuinely felt about how he looked at you, standing right in front of you without saying anything. Your heart felt like it was about to beat out of your chest, and you had no idea why.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked, shouldering his bag. You could see it was full of books and papers, and you almost smiled at the fact that for once, he'd listened to you.

"If you are," you said with a smile.

He followed you down to the Common Room and out of the castle, as you once again walked towards the giant tree branch that hid your secret walkway from the rest of the Hogwarts population.

You waved your wand to disperse the illusion spell from your tree and ducked to crawl in, Draco directly behind you.

Sitting down on the blanket, Draco threw his bag on the ground and dropped like a rock, sprawling out across the blanket you'd put out.

"Are you okay?" you asked, knowing the answer.

"No," Draco huffed, scrubbing at his face. "My parents aren't happy about the note Dumbledore sent home. They're threatening to remove me from school if my grades don't come up by Christmas."

You sighed. You should've seen this coming. "Talk to Marin about Divinations, seriously," you reminded him. "I can help with Potions, but I don't have the time to do two classes worth of homework for two people. But she's great at it."

He sighed. "Maybe. I don't know. I already don't want to go home for Christmas. I don't know what I'll do if I have to go home for Christmas just to stay home permanently."

"You won't have to," you said decidedly, settling yourself down beside his head. "I'm here to help you get your grades up."

"I know. Thanks, y/n."

You only smiled in response, pulling your Potions bag out of your bag. "Alright. Tell me what Amortentia does."

Draco sighed, situating himself on the blanket until he was comfortable. His head rested against the tree trunk, and you weren't entirely sure how that was comfortable. "It's a love potion," he said slowly. "It doesn't create real love, though, just really bad obsession."

"Good," you said proudly, smiling brightly down at the messy-haired boy. "What about the Caxambu Style Borborygmus Potion?"

"That makes...doesn't that cause headaches?" Draco said, squeezing his eyes shut.