" You fight like you got somewhere to be." his opponent stated as he tried to relax the pace but Derek wasn't having it.

" Slow your roll champ." his opponent taunted as he spined out of Derek's way and countered and punched Derek's body.

Derek was not up for talking as his posture relaxed with his fists at his sides as he calculated his next move.

" Stop being cocky and keep your hands up" Derek's father shouted.

" You know you can't tell that boy Shit" He heard his current enemy, Uncle Harry say.

Not paying attention, Derek got hit right in the eye with a right hook and in the chin with a left uppercut. Before he could react the bell rang for the end of this round.He could hear his opponent laughing muttering the words dummy, as he slowly made it to his corner and sat in the stool. The hit definitely affected him but it only fueled him.

" See I told your ass. You can win this fight with points. Stop trying to knock him out. He has more experience and way more stamina than you. You shouldn't be this gassed in a 6 round match son." His dad couched. Uncle Harry wiped the blood that dripped from a small cut under his eye. The area immediately swole, making a small puff under his eye.

" What time is it?" Derek asked.

" Almost midnight, why?" His father asked as he helped Harry with applying vaseline on Derek's face.

Derek ignored his father's question trying to think of a strategy to end this fight so he can move on.

" Come on son, Where is your head at? Focus and listen to what I'm telling you" Derek sr. snapped. Time was running out and he was getting frustrated with his son.

" He's thinking about that girl. I told you nephew to forget about her and let her parents deal with her." Harry said. Derek jr snapped at Harry so fast. He was fine with him being there as long as he didn't mention Adrienne. He didn't want him there but his dad insisted.

" What did you just say?" Anger boiled through Derek jr. veins as the bell rang for the next round. He would have to deal with Harry later.

" forget about Adrienne? Never" Derek thought as he tried to shake off the fueling anger that he felt.

Derek faced his opponent and immediately his opponent came with the punches. The last round gave him a bit of an edge believing he could beat Derek. However Derek was so clouded by anger he couldn't feel the punches. All he could think about was Adrienne's face when he left. It crushed heart when he did what he did but he truly felt like he was doing the right thing.

With all his might Derek threw a wild right hook countering with his left. As Derek retreated back to his boxing stance ready to throw another punch, he could see his opponents eyes roll to the back of his head as his body went limp. The crowd went up in an uproar as they witnessed the knockout 1 minute and 7 secs into the 4th round. Derek didn't care about the cheering, all he cared about was finishing this fight.

_______

Derek won the last fight with a 2nd round knockout. Everyone seemed to be a bit surprised by his victory since he hadn't boxed in years. But nobody knew the lengths he would go for Adrienne. She was his motivation. Derek sped through the streets as he made his way to Adrienne's house. He had an overwhelming need to see her. He texted her letting her know that he was on the way before he left. At almost 3 o'clock in the morning, Derek had no doubt that she was awake.

Once he was on her street, he pulled out his phone to let her know he was there but he didn't have to since she was sitting in front of her house smoking. He shook her head seeing that she had formed an unhealthy habit but couldn't blame her for it. He quickly parked close by and sighed as he mentally prepared himself. He looked at his rear view mirror to see Adrienne still sitting in her same position. He also saw himself. His face was bruised. The color of his skin had a grayish hue and his eyes red and glassy from the lack of sleep and constant hits from the fights.

He mustered up the strength to get out of the car and face his love.

As soon as Adrienne looked up at him her mouth fell ajar surprised at the sight. Derek knew her mind would wander off to him possibly finding her attackers so he said something to appease her mind.

"I've been boxing. " He said simply trying to find the words. Adrienne didn't say anything, instead she stood from where she sat, walking up to him. With her hand free from the blunt she caressed the side of his face careful not to hurt him. Derek immediately relaxed at her touch.

Adrienne's hand dropped down to her side as she brought the blunt to her lips. " So what? You come here all beat up and I'm suppose to forget about you leaving me" 

" Baby I'm sorry. It was stupid. I thought that if I left you alone for a little while, you would talk to your mother about what happened.  After some thinking, I realized that the only reason you went so long without talking to your mother is because of me. I was there for you to pacify the situation but baby this ain't something you brush under the rug. I can't fix this luv. The only way we can get through this is if you speak up. Let's go to the police, talk to your mom. We gotta do something bae"

"I never asked you to fix anything. Here's what you have to realize Derek, you can't tell me how to cope and you can't force me to talk. I'm the one that has to deal with pain."

Adrienne looked away from Derek staring off into the distance. She then put the blunt out and put it away. The night was far from quiet but all she could hear was her heart beating. " My momma just came home from the hospital. Something went wrong with her heart while... I was... I was at the cabin...and I can't imagine her heart taking this. So I will have to deal with this on my own with or without you." Adrienne said, finally looking at Derek again.

Tears began to swell in Adrienne's eyes as she thought of the possibility of him leaving her again. Derek wasn't leaving but he knew this was going to further the wedge between them.

" I love you Derek and I need you. I don't want you to try and fix anything. This can't be fixed. All I want you to do is be there like you've always been."

Derek pulled Adrienne into a hug then kissed her on top of her forehead. " I ain't going nowhere. I love you too much."

The two broke the long embrace then Adrienne quietly guided Derek inside the house. Derek knew the routine all too well as he took off his shoes and held it one hand while the other held Adrienne's hand. Derek made his way toward the couch but Adrienne gestured towards the stairs.

" You sure?" Derek whispered. Adrienne nodded her head tugging him along. They successfully sneak upstairs to Adrienne's room where her bed was still unmade but it smelled of fresh linens mixed with Adrienne's sweet smell.

" I had a rough night before you got here." Adrienne whispered knowing that she was safe with Derek.

" Will talk about it in the morning.... Well when we wake up" Derek began to help Adrienne with the sheets. " Well I'll have to sneak out again you get what I'm saying."

Adrienne gave him a look telling him to shut up. She changed into something that didn't reek of smoke while Derek finished with the bed. The two immediately settled into the full size bed. Derek's broad shoulders took up most of the bed but Adrienne had no problem sleeping on him. In his arms is where she felt most safe anyway.

_______

ahh kinda don't like this chapter. It's kinda choppy but I'll try to write another one sometime soon.

Love you guys!