Chapter 26

Sandro POV

Today's our son's birthday. Mom cooked some decent foods and ordered some cake and desserts.

We decided to celebrate it in a simple way. We invited some close families on both sides.

We prepare it first before they arrived. Mom and dad make sure that everything is in order before the celebrant arrived.

I told them to make it simple, but i don't think what they did was simple. Of course, first apo's birthday they want the best for him.

At 1pm. We heard a car beep. Manong lando pick them up together with Athena's family.

We turn the lights off before he enter so we can surprised him. Until he opens it...

"Surprise!" We shouted. He was shock and happy at the same time as soon as he realize it.

"Happy birthday our Anton!" Mom said as she kiss his cheeks side by side. Dad pick him up and went their way to the table where the foods are.

Athena smiles together with his mom. Her kuya also arrived with his family, holding some gifts and foods.

"Oh, nako Athena bumabata ang mama mo parang ate mo lang" Mom joke as she beso Tita, Athena's mom.

Her mom laugh. "Nako attorney, pareho lang naman tayo, hindi nga ako naniniwala na may anak ka  ng governor ng Ilocos kasi tignan mo naman parang teenager ka lang" Tita joke back. They both laugh together with dad.

After we celebrate and eat we took pictures first, Anton with my family, with Athena's family and of course, the three of us.

"Thank you ma and dad" Anton said as he kiss us on the cheeks.

"Always anak, para sa baby boy namin" Athena said as she hug him tight.

We sang him happy birthday and pray before eating. Then after, we all eat and talk a lot of things.

**********
Athena POV

We celebrated Anton's birthday at Sandro's house yesterday and now we will go to Laoag elementary school to give them Anton's gift. Sandro ask some of his employees to do it and make sure everything's in order.

As soon as i slipped out of bed. I took my phone and saw a message from him.

To Athena
Fr Sandro

Everything's in order. I'm on my way to pick you up.

I went to Anton's room to wake him up and eat breakfast. We both get ready then after few minutes, we heard sandro's car so we already went downstairs.

We arrived at the school on time. Some of the official members are there to guide us on the said distribution. There are a lot of people too, but of course the important matter is to give their gifts.

There are also some teenagers, lalo na mga girls na nagkaka crush kay Sandro. I keep my distance to him, ayaw ko lang masali sa issue.

Andrea and his relationship are private, they kept it as a secret, only few people know about it, kesyo para daw may privacy.

******
Sandro POV

As soon as we arrived, i talk to some official members . I ask them to let my son give the gifts personally because that's what he wants, they agree and started the event.

They offer us a seat in front. Their barangay captain said a few inspirational message, he introduced me as the people clap their hands, most of them giggles especially the teenagers, i get used to it i just go with the flow and joke around with them. I stood up and started my speech and message.