Chapter 13

Sandro POV

My alarm didn't wake me up. What came to my mind the moment i woke up were the things happened last night.

Gia found out i got someone pregnant and Athena and I had a fight. I feel guilty about everything.

I went downstairs to have some breakfast. Simon would be on his way to work now, it's already 8am. Vinny would be busy studying.

I see mom having some coffee on the table. "Hey mom, morning" I greeted.

"You look tired son, are you good?" She ask in concern. I nodded in response but deep inside I'm not.

I sit beside her while manang belen serve some foods.

"manang, si Aj tulog pa ba?" Mom ask.

"Hindi pa po bumaba ma'am, puntahan ko nalang po sa taas" She politely offered. She went on her way, after few minutes she came back.

"Ma'am hindi daw po sya gutom"

Mom look confused. "Why? Is she alright?"

I just listen to their conversation. I feel guilty. I still have concerns about her–the baby

"Dalhan ko nalang po ng breakfast ma'am" Manang said.

"Yes please Thank you manang" Mom said.

After breakfast, i went upstairs to get ready. I can't help but to check if Athena's alright. So i peek at her door and check her.

As i look at her, she's busy at her study table, writing while eating her breakfast. She massage her shoulders and stretch her arms.

"What are you doing?" Vinny appears behind me that made me surprise.

"You scared me!" I whisper. He cover his mouth and laugh silently.

"Why are you checking on her? You had a fight last night no?" He asked.

"How do you know?"

"I heard you, anyway if you want to make up to her, ihatid mo sya, may pasok sya after lunch, sakto you have a meeting right? Sabay na kayo" He suggests.

I went on my room and took a bath. At 12noon we had our lunch, mom's already on work. While eating, Athena enter the dining wearing her uniform. She silently eat and did not speak any word.

After she eats, she arranged her things and stood up. "Manang, alis na po ako" She said.

I stood up "I'll drive you there, i also have meetings in the headquarters" I offered.

She just look at me. "No thank you baka malate ka pa, Si manong Lando nalang, alis na ko" She coldly said as she walk pass me, leaving me alone.

I look at her as she walks away. "Ayan kasi" I heard manang belen said.

I turn my head. "Sige sir, mag hugas na po ako" She said, trying to avoid me.

*******
Athena POV

I ride at the car and feel relieve. Tama yan, Athena know your limitations, mag move on ka na.

Nakahinga ako ng malalim. I didn't realise Manong Lando was staring at me. I force an awkward smile.

"Ma'am ayos lang po kayo?" He ask.

"Opo, wag nyo po intindihin, tara na po?" I said and he started the car.

When i arrived at school, tambak ang mga notebooks ng mga high school students ko sa table. I have to check it one by one and i have a class after two hours. Ugh, nakaka stress.