FORTY-TWO || Grim Tidings

Start from the beginning

There wasn't another response for a good minute or two. Then, a "...Come in." was heard.

When he and Aiwami entered the room, they saw Sakari curled up on her bed. She held her pillow close, looking like they had used it to help vent out their frustrations. Their hair was messed up and their hues were bloodshot from crying.

"Oh, sweetie." Aiwami walked over and sat on the bed next to her. Kiyo took the other side.

Sakari sat up but kept their knees held close to their chest, same with the pillow.

"We understand that this is hard, Sakari." Kiyo voiced, resting a hand on her shoulder. "This wasn't easy for th' entities and the others tae break to you, but we didn't want to want until the last minute."

"Kiyo's right. ...I was only informed on this myself a while back." Aiwami added on, deciding to get this out. 

Sakari sniffled, rubbing at her hues. "So you guys knew this, too?"

Kiyo and Aiwami shared worried glances.

"Yes, but...I'm in th' same shoes as ye and your mum, lassie." Kiyo admitted. "When I was appointed as yer protector all those months ago,  I only expected for it to go on for a short while. I never thought that I would face a long period of tasks 'ta help you with, nor did I expect to grow bonds with you and other people that would change me. My mentor, Solaria, and the gods made th' right decision for me to be yer protector. However...I do agree that them making this rash decision is a lot. We don't wanna do this, either, but if we want this tae end, to finally bring peace...we sometimes have to make tough decisions."

Aiwami nodded. What the dog entity said definitely rang true. " I wasn't trying to hide it from you, I was trying to think of a way to come across to you about it. The last thing I wanna do is make you upset or scared. But when the others explained...I realized that it would be for the best because this will finally help the entities with something they've wanted to save for years. And we weren't sure how to go with this. Just know that you won't be alone on this, Sakari. You will have a lot of friends to help you out. You've brought so many of them, including a Hanoni, Sanguis, and Enguis together as a family and they do appreciate that a lot."

Sakari listened to them, their expression softening. They were no longer crying and their throat hurt from the sobbing and yelling they did. "I know...it's just...this feels so weird. I went from being this young teen who had a thirst for knowledge and a fixation of mythology. It felt like a fantasy come true!"

"But the thing is, lassie." Kiyo looked at her solemnly. "This is no longer a fantasy come true. This is real, as difficult as it sounds. I know how frustrating this feels, but just know that if you want 'ta help, then we'll be with you all th' way. We always have."

The hopefulness started to shine back into the sixteen year-old's hues. They were right. She clutched onto her pillow, still finding it as a source of comfort.

Sakari looked at her mother, seeing her face contorted in thought.

Aiwami was thinking of what to say. She definitely wanted to be there for her child...the one she's been supporting ever since this all happened. "Like we already said, you won't be alone. I'll be coming with you."

Sakari gasped, surprised. "M-Mom? You're coming with me?!"

Kiyo gasped, too, but admired Aiwami's decision.