STRANGERS IN A ROOM (2)

Seoul, 2018, July 7

Namjoon looked up as another thunderbolt sliced the dark clouded night sky, shattering the silence of the atmosphere by it's explosive sound.

- ' How the hell I'm gonna drive through this! '
Namjoon said with a frown and furrowed his eyebrows to focus on the street. But the weather was getting worse with every passing moment and it was blur infront by the heavy rainfall. Namjoon shook his head and realised it's impossible to drive further. He then turned his head to the window, eyes searching desperately for a place to park his car.

The road was deserted, so he could've park anywhere but he was not that rule breaker type. Across the road, he spotted some closed shops. He carefully drove his car towards those shops and parked infront of one such closed shop.

- ' Looks like it's going to rain all night long. '
Namjoon sighed while looking at the dark sky and laid his tired head on the steering. He was pretty exhausted by all the office works, so soon....his eyes felt heavy and he could feel himself drifting off in sleep untill a sound interrupted him. No, it was not the crashing sound  of constant thunders...it was a light and barely audible sound of someone knocking a door.

Namjoon fluttered his eyes and turned his head towards the window, the source of the sound.

Indeed someone was knocking his window, and seeing him awake, the stranger gestured to lower the glass. Namjoon thought for a bit...but as soon as another thunder came rushing down with blinding lights, he decided to lower the window glass.

Because?

Because in that fraction of moment, he saw the stranger...not in details, but he noticed it's a guy, almost the same age as him. His smooth black hair was covering his forehead and half of eyes , water droplets dripping from it. He had an umbrella with him but that was obviously not enough to save him from this thunderstorm. Half-drenched he stood, waiting for Namjoon to lower the window glass.

The guy looked harmless and also, Namjoon thought maybe he was finding a shelter from this hazardous night. Without wasting anymore time, he lowered the window, and almost in sync the guy said
- ' Sorry to disturb you Mister, but it's really an exceptional weather tonight. I don’t think it would be safe for you to stay in your car while thunder is charging at this much alarming rate. '

Namjoon was taken aback. By the calm and gentle voice of the stranger which was totally in contrast with the atmosphere, and by his words. What did he mean by that?

- ' Uh...sorry?'
This was all Namjoon could mutter, so the stranger tried to elaborate his offer
- ' Well...it's really not safe to stay outside in this weather, not even in car. My shop is here...you can come there untill the wether gets better. And...  there is no hidden meaning in this offer. I saw your car outside my shop, so I thought it would be better to help you. '

- " What kind of person is he?! Who comes outside from a safe and warm shop in this weather to just help a stranger!?  Has he lost his mind? No wait...there must be something he's up to. But yeah...he's practically right. Staying in car is not safe...but...what should I-"

- ' Excuse me? '
Namjoon's train of thoughts got interrupted by the same gentle voice  as he looked up at the half wet man. As much as his brain was not liking the offer, his mind could see the odds of staying outside, and also, he didn’t really feel this person was evil or something.

- ' Umm...Sorry...I was..thinking. '
- ' And? You wanna come inside the shop? '
Namjoon nodded a bit hesitantly, and again a thunder flashed, lighting the area and giving him the chance of seeing the light smile of the stranger. He came outside and almost immediately was greeted by cold water splash and rough wind.