World of the Ambitious

As he stands at the edge of some world, he wonders if asking for more than he needs is worth it. Because people like Dae, stragglers for life, weren't meant to live this long. People like him aren't equipped to survive in the hunger games of the performers, the world of the ambitious.

 People like him aren't equipped to survive in the hunger games of the performers, the world of the ambitious

The world he was attempting to camouflage at is resting, in peace. But why wasn't he? His eyes were graced with rims of red lines but his mind hindering him to sleep. It was cruel for the mind and the body to take control, and begin a war in a territory that wasn't theirs. Their missiles and bloodshed didn't tear the other's army. Rather they were only hurting him, the owner of the territory. But perhaps, these two parts of him weren't truly fighting each other. What if they were pretending so that Dae was to accept the desperate proposal of immunity. The offer of walking into the dream visit of goodbye.

Honestly tonight, he loomed over the world like the reaper, he was about to take it. There were no constellations or lone wolves among the celestial sources. From where his feet ghosts over, nobody was walking underneath. Even the moon refused to look his way. So why struggle to keep a physical presence on the Earth, when he was nonexistent to the whole universe?

If someone were to hear his inner struggles, they'd laugh at him. Why would a member of a renowned boy band see himself as invisible? Maybe a therapist would say something else, a question to pry in and relive the thoughts he kept. To Dae, these shrinks were acting like gods, wanting him to be Pandora and open the box of demons. Just so that they could solve him and give him the so-called hope that was "always" within him. Okay, to this ice prince, that's gibberish but if others believe it, then go ahead. But he didn't want to be a myth to be made an example to the world too. After all, he isn't a dreamer anymore.

He's a man with a job. A career that expends all of you and more, and he barely breathed to another day. How could the dull live in the world of the ambitious? Would he even be alive by the end of this? Better that he leaves on his own terms. Rather than be a man who died in the process of taking what was never meant to be his. Yet, his forgetful self that a number of people would feel his absence. There were seven people whose world would stop if he flew away today. People who'd move the stars and the moon to make him feel seen. The heroes of tales. One of them is a man his heart was caught in a tango with. An older boy who could read him better, as if he was the writer of Dae's life. Ready to anticipate the next events and be in the scenes incoming. "Dae!" Locked doors never stopped him, his hands ready to pry through bolts. Even the bolts that appear in his very heart, trying to ice out a response. "You disturbed me."

Yoongi didn't hear the boy's tone nor notice the chill seeping through his words

Yoongi didn't hear the boy's tone nor notice the chill seeping through his words. He could only see the nuclear blast incoming, one that would self-destruct Dae and kill him as a witness. The younger boy's feet were at the edge of the height. And he knew even the wind was capable of pushing him over, and then he'd be gone. If the deities were angry, even their earthquakes of resentment towards Dae could tip him over. But Yoongi would fight the whole world if they ever took him away, even the boy himself. Because his soul deserved to have paradise here. "Please, Dae, I'm begging you to stay."

His words held no anger or consequence. It was genuine, like always to Dae. But there were tremors in it, tremors of worry and of begging spirit. And the young boy was weak over that, weak over the sincerity of a man he loves. Weak enough to make him second think the sword he was about to fall into. But in this quick reflection, he also sees the utter chaos he'd bring by still living. "Then I'll hurt you—" But before he could ramble and stumble, he crashed. Falling into the man's embrace against the floors of the building, but several feet away from the cliff of it all.

The older boy won't let him free and did everything to chain Dae to himself. As if molding the younger boy to Yoongi would make the boy see how Yoongi saw him. Make Dae see the same reasons why he must stay. "Ruin me then! Burn me as I hold your hand. Scar me as I keep you away from the edge. I'll take all the pain and not call it suffering, as long as you don't... don't die on me."

If he were to live in the world of the ambitious, would he survive if Yoongi was with him? If the man were to be his anchor and his reminder of the rainbows to a stormy life?

A/N: The next chapters would be deeper, as it goes into the events that lead up to this breaking point. I might also explore using the perspective of other important figures in Dae's life. These include our seven boys, Rae and other people. With this, the updates for this story are far slower than the rest but hope you guys understand!

Also if you're interested, you might want to wait for 01.01.2022:

See you all soon! - Aid