I Wasn't Supposed To Graduate With You, All...Or At All But Here We Are

Education may appear as a pain because of all the requirements that come with it. Yet, this prolonged challenge of years also had its gains. Such as the opportunities granted after that. Or the title of educated, and survived coming to meet. And as a boy who did not favor grades, or peers most, he still had his own story to tell about education. One thing that kept him going when granted the chance to finish.

"I don't understand why you all chose me to speak when honestly, I am neither the smartest nor kindest in our year. Yet, you chose me and we all have not much of a choice but to hear me at these last minutes of high school. So I'm greeting you all a good day, I am Lee Daeho of Class 2015." They were in one of their school halls, seats separated from their families. On stage stood their administrators that they might've or might've not liked. But still, it held nostalgia as they handed them pieces of paper that set goodbye to all the years. It closed many doors that were not any more rooms they could use. And as Dae stood at that stage, peering into many faces, he felt overwhelmed at the responsibility of giving words to their conclusion. A conclusion weaved into his life.

"I wasn't supposed to graduate with you all

"I wasn't supposed to graduate with you all. I left for a year, and for a few months I thought I'll never be able to return." Before he came back, he was just that boy you did not want to meet your eyes with. It was said that he had a temper and a tongue as viscous to manifest all that fury behind his glares. Yet, even if his reputation wasn't the best, they welcomed him back. They never left him behind. "Well, I guess the world is kinder than I and gave me a chance." Was he close to all he addressed? No. But he did not think about the distance they had because no one ever ridiculed him here for being poor, or missing out a year.

After Bang Si Hyuk enrolled him back in school, he almost wanted to turn around. What would the school secretary say to him if he were to ask for his schedule? Would they just treat him as a stranger and give him his schedule? Or would they give him words of comfort that he'd mistaken as pity? But to his surprise, someone had recognized him. A classmate of his, he forgot the name of, and the boy greeted him so warmly that it almost made him warm out his scowl to a smile. "You don't have to tour me around. I still know the way, I'm not that stupid."

Was he rude? Definitely, and it was so far from who he was taught to be as an idol. Yet, this boy just laughed at what he said. It was as if he took no offense to the rudeness displayed by Dae, and in a sense, it made Dae feel normal again. As if nothing had changed. "Of course, I would know. I tried to copy off of you in the past after all, and I won't copy off of someone clueless."

"I'm sure you know too many names already, Daeho. So let me introduce myself, I am Baekhyon." It took him a few weeks to accept that the boy won't leave him alone. Many curses and 'leave me alone' were given yet he wouldn't leave by Dae's side. And who knew that by their last year, the boy who was very welcoming to him would be student council president, would be his closest friend. The source of many giving Dae extra patience, and genuinely waiting for him to warm up to them. But at the same time, Baek would always request Dae to sing for them when the council needed an impromptu performance. "I know why they call you the Ice Prince, but even the Ice Prince needs a companion. I'll be your spokesman Dae, and believe me, I'll get them to see how one of a kind you are. Then we'll be one of the most legendary pairs of best friends this school has ever known."