Recognition, and Who Plays Part At This Acknowledgement

He made a phone call in a room of applause. But the person he called answered from a quiet room. But at the news, both basked in happiness and recognition. Pride slipping through the corners of telecommunication.

"Appa, we won an award. After all this hard work with no expectation, we won an award."

"Maybe now it's clear to you, you don't have to stop dreaming again, son

"Maybe now it's clear to you, you don't have to stop dreaming again, son. You never should've had to. But now that it's back, promise me to not let go of that kite. It has finally lifted you with the courtesy of the wind. A wind to success."

The public's validation to talent or termed as popularity, and the skill itself isn't the same thing. They may run the same track but aren't running for the same goal. Only one guarantees gold but the other secure progress. Yet in order to have a shelf full of materialistic forms of recognition, two factors are needed. After all, to be called successful in this industry and to create a solid legacy, one will need both. So even if someone with potential got better over time, with the endurance of a marathon runner, it's such a dark thought but it isn't enough. The fatal truth to success in an industry basically responsible for keeping the public happy, other people's opinions did matter. Other people's perspectives on what one has matter. It's an industry where you can easily give back but an industry that is hard to please.

To where he stands now, the gods above shined a bit of mercy and luck to him. Unlike in the past, he didn't have to beg for money and go to a room and force himself to call it home. Because where he stayed might be small, and cramped for a number of eight. Yet through the cold, he had a warmth that radiated hope. In other words, he has people who made him have a home in Seoul. So even if the money on the table still isn't adequate, at least they had what they needed. People extend a hand when they need things to survive. And people who gave their hearts, and shed hope to this group of seven boys, and gave them a reason to live. Yet Dae isn't one to fantasize. In his understanding, every story has a conflict before being told and that's what keeps them holding onto a silver lining. So at this moment, wherein two years have passed since they called a song and claimed a stage as theirs, he understands their conflict. What he craves in order to not return to a cold hollow room, is victory. They needed the public to recognize they existed, and they were talented in order to make another decade in artistry.

If we never get the validation that equals our hard work, we need to think of life after this.

Yet what they wish for, which is BTS being known, isn't an answer to the equation of hard work and effort. And it pains him to admit that because he wants this for a long time. In their faces, he was reminded of trust and dependence. How beautiful it was to be happy with other people. How possible it was to be happy because of other people. But what if they don't get their win along the way? It would make years shorter, and their individual backup plans nearer. He sees the chance of the backup life happening, but he doesn't want that. What he wants is this, backstage with them, all nervous and excited to perform. What he wants most about this is just being with them, having their success be connected. Yet they always remind themselves of reality, even if it is easier to be like children who are taught that those who are good get blessings in life. Those who work hard are awarded.