18

Niall hugs Louis before giving him a sad smile. The bags that are on the bed is such heavy weight in the air around them.

"I will miss you." Louis let the words sink in before he lets the first tear fall.

"I will miss you too, I will try to come and visit."

They hug again and Louis can't help but let a small sob escape from his lips, feeling like his whole world is breaking in to pieces.

Harry will return tomorrow and he won't be alone, but Niall is leaving.

Niall isn't better...

He have stopped responding to the chemotherapy, so he is going home to get palliative care in his own home.

He wants to spend the time he have left in his own home instead of a hospital.

They say their goodbyes and then Niall exits together with his brother, getting in to the cab that is going to take them to the airport, where they will take a plane back home to Ireland.

He haven't been home in his own house for years, and he is definitely ready to come back.... He just thought he would come back to grow old, not to just wait until his body gives in to the cancer.

The movie is playing in the background, louis started to watch it but the men outside putting up the Christmas lights caught his attention.

He didn't really think he would be able to see them, he wasn't even sure he would make it this far.

"Hi..." the voice catches him off guard and he turns his head a little too fast, the blurry figure in the doorway takes a while to become more than just a lump in his eyes.

"Harry?" His voice comes out so small, not aware of how much he didn't want to be alone right now.

"Saw Nialls Instagram post and figured you could use some company." He puts down the backpack he took with him when he sneaked out of the house earlier. His mother won't be happy when she finds the note he left on the bed, she probably still believe he is sleeping in his bed.

Louis moves a little to show him that he can sit down beside him on the couch, and Harry takes a seat beside him and lets his eye watch the movie that's playing on the screen.

"What movie is this?" He says giving a little nod to the TV just to make it stupidly obvious what he is talking about.

"Carrie Pilby." Louis have seen the movie so many times that he have lost count.

"I've never seen it."

"It's based on one of my favorite books."

The conversation dies down after that and they just sit there close to each other.

"Harry?" Zayn looks surprised when he sees the other man in Louis room.

"I didn't know you were coming today, your room isn't quite ready yet." He continues, not really sure what else to say.

"That's okay, he will just stay here." Louis say without even taking his eyes off from the now finished Christmas lights.

"Okay... I will bring you something to eat." Zayn leaves the two men alone.

"You know he's going home to die..." Louis voice is weak when the words leave his mouth.

"I know." Harry's voice is soothing, but the heavy feeling is there.

"Harry..." his voice breaks a little when the name leaves his lips.

"Yeah?" The word is just like a small whisper, like he is breathing out while forming a small word.

"Please don't die."

———

I didn't think I would post this so soon, I started it last week but then my grandpa passed last Monday and everything kind of stopped making sense.

But I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that he won't be here for Christmas, but I also know that he is better off now.

He have had Parkinson's disease for years and I've seen how it have torn him down from the person he once was to just a shell, so knowing now that he isn't in pain is what keeps me from breaking down at every given moment.

Yeah so I just wanted to let you know what's going on in my life and I'm so thankful for every single one of you who have been so supportive through it all.