17

It started Wednesday night.

The small spots dancing in front of his eyes making his vision blurry, he knew it was a possibility that it would happen, he just didn't expect it to happen so soon.

He didn't tell anyone until Friday morning when he woke up and everything was blurry, kind of living in some wishful thinking that it only was something he imagined.

He is currently sitting in a room together with a few doctors and his sister, they are talking about his choices, not that any of them sounds appealing to him.

On one hand he have surgery with the risk of becoming completely blind and the possibility of dying on the table, on the other he have doing nothing. He could go home and most definitely become blind and then have maybe a couple of more months until he would officially become brain dead.

So either way he is pretty much fucked.

Harry wakes up in his own bed which he still haven't gotten used to, it's so different to see the mint green walls instead of the white that is in his hospital room.

He knows it's Gemma who have changed the covers for him, his mother would never do something so childish.

He smiles down at the washed out Winnie the Pooh blanket and gets a comforting feeling from the childhood memory that creeps in to his mind.

The way he and Gemma used to bring their covers down to the couch early in the mornings at weekends only to watch movies, the house would be quiet and it was like they had their own secret club.

"Hi.." her voice is soft and Harry looks over to the woman standing in his doorway. She gives him a smile but he notice that it doesn't reach her eyes.

He heard her last night on the phone trying to figure everything out. She is trying to fix everything with his career and sickness, but the thing is that you can't fix something that have missing pieces.

They don't have an answer of what they are supposed to do with his heart, so the plan now is to go through surgery trying to make it stronger, it's experimental but also the only chance he have at ever be able to continue with the music.

Gemma doesn't think it's worth it, but both Harry and His mother knows that he don't want to live if he can't do what he loves.

"I made breakfast... we're leaving for the studio in an hour." He smiles at his mother before she leaves his room, leaving him alone with his mind.

He showers before getting dressed, he knows his mother made breakfast but he isn't hungry, maybe it's because he can't eat in the mornings or it is because he is feeling sick... or a combination of both.

"Don't you want anything?"

"Not hungry." Harry takes a sip from the freshly squeezed orange juice.

When he enters the studio an hour later it's like he is someone else, it's like he isn't sick anymore.

That is what he loves about music, it takes away everything that is bother him.

"I heard you had a song you wanted to record" Mike who have been with him since the beginning say, he is sitting ready to hear the lyrics that Harry have come up with.

He isn't really supposed to record his own songs, but he doesn't really care.

He steps in to the booth and hear the music start playing in his headphones, it's nothing much but it's a beginning.

And then the words just comes out effortlessly.

He closes his eyes and don't even look down at his phone where the lyrics happen to be written in his notes.

"Forget what I said, It's not what I meant, And I can't take it back, I can't unpack the baggage you left"

———

I guess you guys don't mind me updating a little more than I usually do. I just really enjoy being able to escape reality for a little while right now.

My grandpa is sick and all life care have been withdrawn the only thing he gets is medication for the pain... so right now it's just a waiting game, we all know he isn't getting better.

So I guess this is like a little warning that I don't know when or how long but I might just update a lot only for it to stop abruptly when he passes.

I hope everyone else's December is going better and please tell the people you love that you do while you can.

Thank you for all the support!