16

Days have passed since they shared their intimate moment in Louis room, they haven't said a word to each other since then.

Neither of them regret it but they also don't know what to say, what is there to say?

Louis remembers how Harry's lips felt against his and how the time stopped for a couple of seconds.

He also remember seeing the back of Harry when he was leaving his room, only to not return.

"I know it's fucked up but I kind of always expected it to be me..." Niall voice breaks a little at the end and he looks over at the man who is sitting on the couch in his room.

Louis looks up at his friend who is currently sitting in his bed with machines hooked up to him. He had a breakdown a couple of days ago so now they got to monitor him closely.

"Like I expected that I was going to be the one who went first." He continues and tries to hold in the tears.

"I always had this wishful thinking that he magically would get better." Louis answers and let his eyes rest on the snow covered trees outside, you can almost see how crisp the air is.

They sit in silence for a while, Niall let's a tear fall but wipes it away quickly.

"So... have you talked to Harry yet?" Changing the subject to something lighter.

"No, I don't know what to say."

"Just tell him you like kissing him." Niall let's a little laugh out when Louis throws one of the pillows on him.

"I can't just go up to him and be like aye Mr. Popstar I like kissing you"  he puts on a really heavy accent trying not to laugh.

"Well when you put it like that you obviously won't be taken seriously..." Louis laughs at Niall's words, already feeling how the heavy tension start to lift.

"But seriously Louis what do you have to lose? He obviously likes you back." Niall continues and looks over to Louis who answers with a small smile.

"What is the point?"

"What do you mean the point? You like each other that is the point!" Niall burst out almost getting annoyed by Louis answer.

"Don't you get it Niall?" There is a sadness in his voice when he lets those words leave his lips.

"Get what?"

"We would literally be fucked before we even started." It's sad but both of them know it's true.

Nothing good could come out from them being together, it would always be doomed from the beginning... it's only one way it could end, and that is one of them gets hurt.

"But maybe it's different for you."

"Like it was different for you?"

"I don't regret it..."

There is a sadness in his voice when he answers, looking over at the photo standing beside his bed.

"But wouldn't you protect yourself from the pain if you could?"

Niall doesn't answer, because he honestly don't know the answer.

Harry looks over to the doctor who is currently talking to his mother, he is grabbing a closer grip of his bag pulling it closer to him.

"So you will come back in a week for your surgery." He nods as an answer to tell both of the "adults" that he understands. It's crazy how he feels like a child every time his mother comes to visit.

The doctor leaves and suddenly Harry is left alone in the empty room.

"Don't worry, you will have the same room when you get back." Zayn shows up in the doorway giving Harry a small smile.

Good.

"I will see you in a week." Harry gives Zayn a  half smile back, trying to be somewhat polite to the nurse who have been nothing but kind to him.

"Take care Harry." He gives Harry a little squeeze on his shoulder when he passes by him in the door.

He makes his way down the corridor where his mother is standing by the nurses station signing some of his release papers.

Out of one of the rooms steps the man who have been running through his mind ever since he got here.

He can see how Louis is looking at him and there is a concerned look on his face when he sees the bag.

"You leaving?" Louis tries to hide the panic in his voice, there is only two reasons why people leave, you either have gotten better or there is nothing else they can do for you.

He is terrified that this is the later, that they are sending Harry home to die.

"Just for a little while, I don't have any surgeries until next week so duty calls."

"Oh okay."

"Bye Louis."

"See you later Harry."