•CHAPTER FIFTY SIX•

"Where are you going, I thought it was your day off," Luca says looking at me through the mirror as he tied his tie

"I have a hair appointment in an hour," I say as I continue to get ready.

"Do you want me to drop you off and pick you up after your appointment?"

"I mean if you don't mind."

"I definitely do not, we are going to get breakfast first."

|•••|

"So what are you getting?" Luca asks parked right in front of the salon.

"Knotless braids with curled ends."

"Okay, I'll pretend I know what that is," he says making me chuckle.

"You'll see," I say pecking his lips before he pushes open his door and comes around to open my door.

"What time am I picking you up?"

"Probably at like four," I estimated.

"What?" He asks, genuinely surprised.

"Yeah, it's a whole day thing."

"Okay, see you at four," he says embracing me.

"Bye baby," I say kissing him and walking into the salon.

"Is that your man?" Kenya, my hairdresser says the moment I step into the salon

Kenya is and has been my hair dresser for almost twenty years now. Only Kenya does my hair as hers is similar to mine, naturally straight and silky.

"Hello to you too Kenya," I say shaking my head at her antics.

"Yeah yeah, hey girl, now answer my question child." She rushes

"Yes, that is my man."

"Girl, you have a lot of girls in New York disappointed, you had my daughter in literal tears when she saw the article."

"Tell Tiana I'm really sorry."

"Girl it is not just her, many women wish they were you right now," Avita, the other hairdresser says.

"Well too bad cause I'm not going anywhere."

|•••|

I've been here for four hours straight, my ass hurts really bad. I've heard so much gossip about people I don't know. My thoughts were interrupted by my ringtone for Luca sounding throughout the salon.

"Hello baby," I say, bringing my phone to my ear, making the lady's in the salon go quiet. These women really like shit.

"Hi my bambina, I have someone bringing you some of those spicy children wraps you love so much, I would have brought them down myself but I have a meeting in five."

"Baby, you are so sweet, thank you so much," I say smiling to myself, look up at the mirror to see Kenya looking at me with a smirk.

"Anything for my bambina, I'll come pick you up at four after my meeting, bye."

"Bye." In less than five minutes, a guy comes by with my food.

"Your man is sweet," Kenya cooes making me blush as I dig into the delicious food.

Hours later, at exactly 4 o'clock, Luca struts into the salon, his hair looking messy, his tie and blazer missing, a few of his buttons undone and his sleeves rolled up.

And I thought he couldn't get any sexier, I thought to myself, biting on my bottom lip as I checked him out.

"My bambina is looking good, give me a full view of the new hair do," he says looking at me through the mirror.

"You like?" I ask, getting up and spinning, giving him a full view of my braids that ended just below my butt.

"I love," he says pulling me in by my belt buckle before sliding his hands down to my ass, and kissing me before we were interrupted by Kenya clearing her throat making us break away but stay in each other's arms.

"Bambino, this is Kenya, Kenya this is Luca," I introduce the two.

"Nice to meet you Luca," she says, holding her hand out for a handshake, he shakes her hand and she smiles big, making me chuckle.

"Great, we are going to get going," Luca says place his arm around me, placing his hand into my back pocket.

"Bye, and thank you," I say to Kenya.

"Girl thank you."

"You wanna get dinner before I drop you off at your place?" Luca says as we walk to his car.

"Yes please," I say happily making him chuckle.

After dinner with Luca at one of his restaurants, he drops me off at home.

"Hello baby mama," I say to Vanessa, giving her a kiss on the forehead as I sit next to her on the couch.

"Oh, your braids look really good," she says running her hands through them.

"Thank you, but my scalp is still delicate so be gentle," I wince.

"Sorry." She says quickly removing her hand as if it were on a hot stove. "So tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment, and I was wondering if you'd come with me, around eleven thirty."

"Definitely, I've got you."

"And I'm thinking of cancelling the gender reveal and just finding out the gender tomorrow."

"No, we aren't doing that, Leo is not going to ruin your first pregnancy, we are having this gender reveal on the set date and it's going to be perfect."

"And what, he's just not invited? Years from now when we watch the video I don't want my baby to not have his or her father there."

"So you can invite him, but it would be best if you sat and talked about what you are going to do, if you are staying and working on it or want a divorce before hand."

"I definitely want a divorce, it's bigger than just cheating, it's the lack of honesty and owning up to his shit and the fact that this woman is going to be the first to carry his offspring, my baby isn't the first. It's the fact that we got married, slept together every night and he was okay knowing that he had another woman pregnant, why didn't he just cancel the wedding," Vanessa vents, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I know honey," I say rubbing her back." I think you should talk to him."

"I will," she says wiping the tears from her eyes.

"I love you, you know that right?"

"I love you too."

"And I'll always be there for you and my godbaby the whole way," I say sincerely.

"I know, and I'm so greatful that you are in my life." She says hugging me.

" She says hugging me