•CHAPTER THREE•

"I'm late for work Ma, imma call you back," I said to my mom who I've been on the phone with the whole ride to work

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"I'm late for work Ma, imma call you back," I said to my mom who I've been on the phone with the whole ride to work.

"Okay baby, take care, and come visit soon, I miss you,"

"I was there just last week Ma," I said rolling my eyes.

"Can't a mother miss her daughter?"

"Fine, I'll come by after work," I said giving in.

"And you'll stay for dinner?" She asks hopefully.

"You know it, love you uwa," I said.
[Mother]

"Son ku jariri, sannu." She says in her native tongue, Hausa.
[Love you baby, bye.]

I park my car at my reserved parking.

"Morning Dr Morelli," a nurse says as I pass by her at the front desk.

"Morning," I said with a smile.

I go up to the elevator, pressing the button for the fourth floor.

Once on the forth floor, I go down the hall to my office, putting on my white coat, getting down to business.

|•••|

"Hey sweetie, how about you wait here whilst I talk to you mother outside," I said to the little girl who nodded her head in response.

I go out with her mother. "Mrs Valentine, everything is okay with Stacey, it's just a little fever, all she needs is some rest and she will be all fine," I informed her.

"Okay thank you, I'm so sorry for bothering you, but you know how vulnerable Stacey is to diseases," she says.

"I understand Mrs Valentine, it's better safe than sorry," I said to her sincerely before we made our way back into my office.

"Stacey sweetie, I'll be seeing you next week for your check up," I said to her, handing her a lollipop.

"Thank you Ms Mo," she says, excitedly excepting the lollipop.

I accompany them out of my office before saying goodbye and going back to my office.

"Lemme guess, another over exagerative mother," Bianca, a close intern and friend of mine says with a smirk, leaning against the door frame.

"Hey, she's not over exagerating, she's caring," I said in her defence.

"Yeah right," she scoffs, rolling her eyes. "My black mom would have given me some pills and told me, Suck it up and go to school, if I was lucky. When I wasn't, she would say I'm faking and force me to go to school."

"True," I said with a chuckle, knowing my mother would do the same.

|•••|