•CHAPTER TWENTY ONE•

"Sooo," my father begins as we sat in our favourite Italian restaurant waiting on our food

"Sooo," my father begins as we sat in our favourite Italian restaurant waiting on our food. "I met Eric earlier today."
Eric is my ex boyfriend, we dated back in college but it didn't work out. I don't hate the guy, but I'm not a big fan of his either. Him and I were very good friends because our parents were friends and business partners, we dated for some time until he just ghosted me. He moved to London and I never heard from him, I was told by his mother that he moved.

"Mmhm," I said uninterested.

"He is starting a business with some business partners and they are having the official opening party," he says.

"Dad can you just get to the point," I said bluntly.

"Don't be mad but I told him you would go as his date."

"Daddy why would you do that?" I whinned.

"Look, it's just a date, nothing serious. Maybe you can rekindle an old flame." He says with a shrug.

"No, I don't wanna rekindle anything," I said placing my hand on my forehead. "You know what, it's already been done," I said calmly.

"That's the spirit," my dad says. "Oh I also gave him your phone number so he will probably text you."

"Since when do you play match maker, I thought that was mom's job."

"I just want you to be happy, I live to make you happy, you know that," he says rolling his eyes.

"Who says I'm not happy as is?"

My father replies with a shrug before the waiter brings out our food.

|•••|

Vanessa and Leo have been back from Hawaii for a few days and and decided to have a little house warming jacuzzi party since they got a new house.

Knowing that Luca would be there, I picked my swimsuit specially for him. Luca and I have not met up since our last encounter which was a couple of days ago.

I set my black long sleeved square-collar backless romper and black basic platform block heels on the bed before going to take a shower.

Once I was done, I moisturize my body, getting dressed. I tied up my hair in a high ponytail, and some light make up before going out to the waiting Uber.

"Come join us in the jacuzzi," Nessa says.

"I'd love to, but there is no space for me," I said as I took a sip of my wine.

"Oh no there's space right here," Adam says with a mischievous smirk.

"Where?" I asked with a flirtatious smile.

"On my lap," he says with a smirk making everyone laugh and my face to break out into a smile. Except Luca, I didn't miss his eye roll.

"Well aren't you a gentleman," I said removing my cover up, exposing my one piece swimsuit that I looked fucking sexy in might I add.