•CHAPTER FORTY ONE•

"Hi gorgeous," Luca says with a smirk over the FaceTime

"Hi handsome," she says giving him a sly smile

"What are you doing right now?"

"Right now?" She asks with a brow raised.

"Yeah,"

"Nothing, I just took a shower"

"Ok, I'm coming to get you, and we can go for a walk," he says, his camera rapidly shaking.

"This late?"

"Yeah"

"Okay"

"Great, I'll be there in 5 minutes," he says before ending the call.

She changes into leggings and one of his hoodies she had in her closet. The knock on the door indicates Luca's arrival. She puts her phone into the hoodie pockets and gets the door.

"Hi bambina, nice hoodie," he says with a knowing look.

"Thank you," she says before locking her door behind her.

"Who takes a walk this late anyway," Mo asks as the pair walked side by side along the sidewalk.

"Me, nights are beautiful," he says taking her hand into his.

"They are," she says placing her head on his arm

"Almost as beautiful as you,"

"You are so fucking cheesy Mr Bianchi," she says rolling her eyes

"I'm serious,"

"Sure. So tell me Mr Bianchi, what is your favourite colour?" she says looking up at him.

"What? Are we in the first grade now?" He says looking down at her with a look of amusement.

"Just answer the question," she deadpans.

"I don't know, black," he says with a shrug

"Really, mine is rose gold and purple."

"What's your favourite food?" He asks

"Oh, that one's hard, it's between beef ragu and jollof rice, two completely different dishes, both really good"

"I've never had jollof rice"

"I'll make it for you one day, I swear you'll be hooked," she says.

"Can't wait. I love lasagna, basic Italian dish, that if done the original way, tastes amazing."

The two continued their walk, continuing with their back and forth questioning and stopped at a local icecream store. They order their ice creams before making their way to a nearby park, where the only source of light was a nearby streetlight, settling on a set of swings.

"Why did you come to America?"

"Honestly, I wanted an escape, my father's death was so sudden, and I couldn't except it, so after his funeral I left, studied hard and started a business with my brother," he says looking down.