•CHAPTER FORTY FOUR•

The first picture was of the couple, putting the bags in the trunk of Luca's sleek black Lexus SUV, Mo's face not visible due to the parking lot being dimly lit

The first picture was of the couple, putting the bags in the trunk of Luca's sleek black Lexus SUV, Mo's face not visible due to the parking lot being dimly lit. The second was of Luca shielding her, but it looked more like they were hugging and the last one was of them with their backs turned, Luca's hand on her lower back as he led her to the passengers side.

"What's that?" Luca says standing over Mo to look at her phone, leaning over with his fresh mint breath fanning her neck.

"Luca Bianchi and a mystery woman," Mo read the headline out loud before passing the phone to Luca, turning in the bar stool to watch him scan through the article

After reading the article, Luca lets out a huff. "I'm gonna get this sorted out, I'm sorry."

"Luca it's okay, calm down, it was bound to happen," she says rubbing his tense bicep.

"It's going to be so much harder keeping our relationship on the down-low," he says clearly frustrated.

"We'll manage," she says simply before getting off the stool and kissing his cheek. "Now, I made breakfast so sit and eat"

"Where's Mrs Smith, isn't she supposed to be here?" He says taking a seat on the stool.

"She was, but I told her I could handle breakfast so she left early," she says placing the omelette into a plate.

"Okay," he says as she passes him a plate with an omelette. "This is good," he says with his mouthful.

"I know," she says taking a seat next to him and eating from her own plate.

"So I was thinking," Luca starts.

"Mhm, and what where you thinking?" She says swinging from side to side in the bar stool.

"We spend the day at a small private butterfly sanctuary I had reserved for us."

"Oh that's nice, yeah I'm up for that, but aren't you supposed to go to work?" Mo asks turning to Luca

"No, I'd rather spend my day with you, advantages of being your own boss," he says pecking her lips.

|•••|

10 minutes

That's how long Leo has been sat across his brother, his elbow on the table, staring at his working brother with a smug on his face.

"What Leo, what is it?" he asks, finally giving in to his brother's smug face, although not looking up from his work.

"Who's this mystery woman you were with, y'all looked really cozy?" The brother asks with a smirk.

"What, is this the first time you've seen a picture of me with a woman online?" He asks with a brow raised, looking up at his little brother.

"No, but this one was different, she was in sweats and at a store parking lot, your usual would be in hooker clothes and at strip clubs or hotels," he says matter of factly.

"True," he admits, looking up from his work, not looking particularly at anything.

"So who was that?" He insists.

"How about we keep the mystery woman a mystery" he says with a smirk.

"Come on bro, I'm your best friend," he whines.

"I know, and I will tell you," he says making his brother's face light up in excitement, "all in due time," he says making him frown.

"Is she the reason you didn't come in for work yesterday?" He interrogates.

"Maybe," he says nonchalantly.

"Wow, that's a first, Luca the workaholic not working, the girl must be real special."

"Maybe she is," he says calmy with a shrug.

"This is a moment I never thought I would share with you brother. Someone has finally tamed your wild ass self," Leo jokes.

"Whatever brother, now get out of my office, I have work to catch up on," he says shooing his brother and turning back to his paperwork before his phone pinged causing Leo to stop in his steps and turn in time to see his brother smile at his phone.

"Was that by any chance the mystery woman who has you smiling at a text," Leo says pulling Luca out of his trance.

"Not that it is any of your business, but yes, that's her," he says not looking up from his phone, a smile still on his face.

"Does this bambina of yours have a name?" he says peaking at his phone over his shoulder.

"Only I get to call her bambina," he says giving his brother a pointed look.

"Okay my bad, so what's her name?"

"Non of your business you dip shit, I thought I told you to leave," he says, clearly agitated by his twin brother's questioning.

"Okay damn, no need to be an ass, I was just on my way out," he says before leaving his brother.