Chapter 54: Day One

Jan 7th, 1995

Dear Diary....

      Where do I even start? Oh yeah, I'm back at Hogwarts. It's currently seven thirty in the morning and I will be heading down to meet my boys soon.

      I have to go see Professor Snape first. I need a glass of blood. Especially after last night.

      Oh yeah, KAI FOUND THE FUCKING CRYSTAL!

      Yep. He found it. He found the Afgrond Kristal!

      Let me tell you exactly how it happened.

"I found the Afgrond Kristal!" He emphasized with a wide grin.

I stayed silent, my mouth wide open and my eyes bigger than plates.

He chuckled, "You're gonna meet Kathy."

My eyes began watering again, "I'm gonna meet my mom?"

He nodded, "You're gonna meet your mom."

      I immediately began crying again. I felt my hand begin to shake as I brought it up to my mouth, trying to conceal the loud sobs. Kai sat me down on the couch, pulling me into a side hug.

      After letting me cry for five minutes and then helping me cool down, he began explaining how he found it.

"... I was so drunk-"

"I remember." I snorted.

He rolled his eyes playfully, "Yeah, I remember too and especially the hangover. But like I was saying, I was drunk while still searching for the crystal. I had the sudden urge to pee so I went over to this rock-"

"Please tell me you didn't pee on the crystal!" I exclaimed.

He winced, "I... did-"

"Kai!"

"But I cleaned it! I swear! Look, it's shiny now," He said, pulling the crystal out of his pocket. His hand extended over at me with the shiny, jet black crystal resting on his palm.

      For something so powerful and destructive it's actually quite tiny. Although I guess the same could be said about me.

      I took the crystal from his hand and held it in mine for a second. A part of me expected a sort of spark or maybe even a surge of energy when I picked it up. But there was nothing.

      A haunting thought came to mind and I looked up at Kai.

"It feels normal."

He nodded, "I noticed that too. Have you done any more reading or researching on the crystal?"

I nodded, "I went to a bookstore back in NOLA and picked up some books on it, I'll keep researching."

      He gave me a nod and then we watched Heathers.

      I hate to say- no! I hate to even think this but what if Kai siphoned the magic out of the crystal? Should I be doubting him? Would he be capable of that?

      I definitely won't be asking him, that would be rude, right? I'll just try to siphon it myself just to make sure there is a magical element there.

      But first I have to make sure it's safe to siphon it. I have to research it.

- N. M. P.