Chapter 41: Celebration

I rolled over, making Hope roll over and slip off the bed.

"Ow! Really, 'Lia!" She groaned as she stood up.

I sat up, rubbing my eyes, "Sorry," I looked over at the clock and my eyes widened, "We slept in! It's almost seven!"

Hope crawled back into bed, pushing me back to my side, "We're not training today, remember? Unless you want to?"

"No. No thank you. I'm going back to bed," I yawned as I pulled the blankets back over me.

I felt more tired than usual. It could be the lack of blood or the fact that I stayed up until midnight last night. Either way, I need sleep.

I was in a weird state of sleep, I could hear my surroundings but I was too asleep to comprehend what was happening. Then there was a knock.

"Morning, B. Morning, Draco," Hope greeted as she combed through her hair.

I groaned, putting a pillow over my head to drown out the noise.

"Bellissima!" Blaise sang, as he sat down at the end of my bed.

Draco sat beside me, "Talia? Are you still asleep?"

I didn't respond, I just kept my eyes shut.

It's Friday, I only have two classes, should I even go?

Someone removed the pillow from my head and pressed their hand to my forehead. They pulled away fast, wincing.

"Hope, she's running a fever!" Draco spat.

Hope vamped over to me and pressed her hand on my forehead. She hummed, "Lia? Can you sit up?"

I grunted as I sat up, "I'm fin-"

I vamped to the bathroom, hurling yesterday's dinner into the toilet. Perfect.

Hope held back my hair while her other hand rubbed my back. The boys were now with us in the bathroom.

"I'm taking her to Madam Pomfrey," Draco began walking towards me and that's when I finally looked up at him, making him freeze.

I could tell by his and Blaise's reaction that something was definitely wrong, something with my face. Hope furrowed a brow and then she tilted my head in her direction.

"Lia! You look pale!" She exclaimed.

"Pale?! She looks deceased! No offense, bellissima, you look like a... beautiful deceased person," Blaise cleared his throat.

I stood up and walked to the mirror. They were right, my skin looked dead and aged.

I know why.

Normal vampires wouldn't be affected by no blood this fast, but I am.

I could see Draco's face in the mirror, he didn't look disgusted or afraid, he looked angry. We locked eyes and his face softened. I could tell what he was thinking just by looking in his eyes.

He's no idiot. He knows what this means.

"Lia, I'm sure it's just exhaustion-"

Draco scoffed, "It's blood! She needs blood! You may not, but she does! She's not you, she's 'Talia, and 'Talia needs blood," He stormed out and walked over to the cabinet.

I turned to look at Hope, I couldn't read her face. I was about to speak but then Draco slammed the cabinet door shut.

"Where is it?! Where's the blood?" He stormed back into the bathroom.