Chapter 40: Friendsgiving?

Half asleep, I rolled over, stretching my arm over expecting to hit the mattress. Instead I hit Hope in the face.

"Ow!" She muttered.

"Sorry," I mumbled back.

She sighed as she sat up, "Lia, it's almost four, we should get up."

I shook my head, "No!" I groaned, "Hope, it's Thanksgiving!"

She scoffed, "Not here it's not. C'mon, let's go!"

I grabbed the pillow beside me and threw it at her. She of course caught it and threw it back at me.

"Ugly ass!" I yelled as I hid back under my blankets.

She hit me again with the pillow, a bit harder this time, "Jokes on you, everyone says you look like me!" She vamped into the bathroom.

"They do not!" I yelled back as I sat up, "They say I look better than you, duh!"

"You wish, 'Lia!" She yelled just before she turned on the faucet.

I rolled my eyes as I glanced at the clock, 3:54 am. Ugh! Complete torture!

I crawled out of bed and made my way to the closet. I picked out a cerulean blue workout outfit and walked to the vanity. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and got changed. My skin has been getting so dry lately so I lathered on some lotion.

Once Hope was done we headed down stairs. Snape was already here, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He did this yesterday and the day before.

"Good morning, professor," I yawned.

He grunted a good morning back and we headed outside to jog. Like before, Snape sat down in the courtyard while Hope and I completed our laps.

Hope was adding five laps each day, so today we had to run thirty laps. She's absolutely mental.

At around five we finished the laps and returned to my dorm. I hopped in the shower first and brushed my teeth. As I sat down to do my makeup, I found myself noticing the dryness of my skin again. It's getting worse. It looks almost old. I applied more concealer than usual, hoping it would do the trick. It looked okay. Once I was dressed, I sat down to write my letters. I still haven't heard from dad. I don't know if I should worry or not. For now I'm going to ask Uncle Elijah if he's heard from him.

While Hope was in the shower, I plopped onto my bed. I was staring at the ceiling, trying to stay awake and my mind went to something else.

This time last year, I was in New Jersey. I was with my friends, with Aunt Bex and Uncle Marcel. We were eating breakfast and talking about Black Friday shopping. We were picking out outfits for Thanksgiving dinner.

Unknowingly, my eyes got watery and it didn't take long for the tears to start rolling down my cheeks. I miss my family.

There was a knock on the door. I sat up, "Come in."

It was Draco. I quickly wiped my eyes, hoping he hadn't seen me cry, "Morning, 'Talia."

"Morning, Draco," I smiled softly as I stood up and walked to my vanity.

He sat down on the bed, "How many miles was it today?"

I groaned, "Thirty! I was surprised I didn't pass out."

He chuckled, "And how's the no-blood diet? Did you cave?"

I scoffed, "What small hope you have for me! I have not caved and I won't. I can do this."

He smirked, "I know. Hey, isn't today your muggle holiday?"

I looked down at my lap, fidgeting with my skirt, "Yeah, today was the day I was supposed to leave," I scoffed, "Crazy, huh?"