Chapter 49: Christmas Dinner

Nuzzling closer to my dad, I sighed, "I missed you guys."

"I've missed you, Natalia," Dad said as his arm hugged me tighter. "But we need to have a serious conversation."

I sat up, getting ready to talk about Rayna Cruz for the next two hours.

"So, a ginger huh?" Dad smirked.

I furrowed my brows, "What?"

Aunt Bex chuckled, "Hope told him."

"And I showed him the copy of the Daily Prophet, before it burned to ashes." Uncle Elijah explained.

"Burned to ashes?" I chuckled.

He nodded, "All the copies that mentioned your name or had your photograph were enchanted to burn to ashes after our lawsuit."

"Oh. That's good." I sighed.

Dad scoffed, "But don't change the topic. Tell me about this George."

I chuckled, "He's just a friend."

"Yeah, besides she likes Draco, right Natalia?" Aunt Bex smirked.

Again, I laughed, "Aunt Bex! He's just my friend as well."

Her smirk remained, "But he likes you! Marcel noticed it too!"

"Who is this Draco? And why have I not heard of him?" Dad crossed his arms.

"Relax! He's in the same house as me and he's become one of my closest, if not my closest friend. Him, Blaise, Vince, Greg, and Hermione are my closest friends at Hogwarts." I explained.

"Ah yes, Severus mentioned a group of boys following you around like puppies. He said they were alright company," Dad chuckled.

"They are the best." I grinned.

The conversation continued with me talking about Hogwarts. Dad wanted to know everything although I had a feeling he was testing me. His questions were worded in a way that he wanted to see if I lied.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did know everything already, Snape is supposed to tell him everything.

"Oh! I almost forgot, we brought you a drink." Aunt Bex smiled as she looked in the hidden cooler next to her.

She retrieved a blood bag and handed it to me, "Thank you!"

I sipped it normally, like how Snape taught me and continued looking out the window.

The limousine had gone quiet, drawing my attention back to them. They were all staring at me as I drank the blood.

"What?" I asked.

Uncle Elijah shook his head, "Nothing."

I scoffed, "Clearly it's something."

"Well, you're drinking the blood like it's a juice pouch, not like a vampire." Aunt Bex explained. "You've matured!"

I chuckled, "Yeah well it's all thanks to Professor Snape, he helped me develop a healthy blood diet where I wasn't over eating or starving myself."

Dad hummed, "I'll be sure to thank Severus the next time I write to him."

We continued talking about Hogwarts the whole way there.

The trip there would've been around three hours if we were driving but since we're flying, it was less than an hour.

As the limousine carriage began descending, I waved my hand to lower the window.

"You don't use your wand, huh?" Aunt Bex asked.