Chapter 46: Yule Ball

As I stepped into the Great Hall for breakfast, I could feel the excitement in the crowd. There wasn't a single person who wasn't talking about the Yule Ball. It's tonight, Tuesday, December 22nd. Classes are being dismissed early so that we may have time to get ready.

"Are you ready?" Blaise asked as we sat down.

I shook my head, "I still haven't chosen a dress. I need to decide so that I can choose my hairstyle and makeup."

Blaise sighed, "It's alright, you will look amazing no matter what!"

"Thank you, B," I smiled.

Draco passed me a cup of coffee and I sipped it slowly. He has been extremely clingy this past week, he barely lets me out of his sight.

"Have you packed?" Draco asked as he handed me a plate of waffles.

I nodded, "Yep, my bag is all ready."

"Wonderful," He said coldly.

I reached for his hand, interlocking our fingers, "Relax, just because my bags are ready doesn't mean I'm eager to leave you guys. Besides, I will be sitting with you for half of the train ride."

He scoffed, "Only half! Why do you have to sit with them through the other half?"

I chuckled, "Because, I have to get off the train with them so that I can find Mr. and Mrs. Weasley."

Blaise scoffed, "They're not that hard to point out, they're all gingers!"

Draco snorted a laugh, making me roll my eyes, "He's not wrong."

"Okay, okay, what about you guys? Have you got everything packed?" I asked.

Vince and Greg nodded as they ate their pancakes. Blaise gave me a nod as well but Draco shook his head.

"I need to pack up some last minute things and I need to get my suit ready for tomorrow-"

"You're wearing a suit on the train?" I asked.

He smirked, "Of course I am, so are Crabbe, Goyle and Blaise. We represent Slytherin, we must always look good."

I chuckled, "Well then, I shall dress up as well."

"Miss Mikaelson," Snape said as he entered the Great Hall, "Here, you will need this to leave your second class early," He said as he handed Blaise, Draco and me a black slip of paper.

"What is it?" Blaise asked.

"It's a pass, you will meet Mr. Flint here during your class. It is the final step in your future-prefect duty," He explained quietly.

"Oh, alright, thank you professor," I replied.

He retreated to the professor's table and we continued talking. My hand was still holding onto Draco's when I heard the familiar scratching noise from above, the mail was here.

Thank goodness, I had been eagerly waiting to hear from Hope about the ball.

Kat dropped off two letters, one from Hope and one from Uncle Elijah.

I read Hope's first, "I'm so sorry Lia... we have finals this week... I won't be able to go to the Yule Ball... I say go with the silver dress although the dark blue one will look great on you too... Please enjoy yourself and take care... say hello to Blaise and Hermione for me... always and forever, Hope Mikaelson"

I frowned as I handed Blaise the letter. I sipped my coffee as he read it and then he groaned.

"No! I wanted her to join us for the ball!" He muttered.