Chapter 1: The Arrival

Long corridors, gold walls, ancient archways and classical portraits. A castle. My new school is a castle. Holy shit. I go to school in a castle!

"Love? Are you alright" my father said with slight concern in his voice, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Uh- Yeah, yeah, I'm good. Just taking in the scenery." I responded with a sigh.

"Are you sure? Look I completely understand if this move is too much for you. You don't have to go here if you don't want to, I'll find another school. No matter how much it cost-

"No, dad it's fine, really. It's just... I wasn't expecting the school to be in a literal castle." I said slightly laughing. This seemed to make my dad a bit more relaxed and it looked like a small smile crept on his face.

"It is quite breathtaking isn't it?" he asked, looking at my wandering eyes.

I nodded, still looking at the beautiful walls of gold around me. The night was dark and cold but the wind was calm which was weird considering there was a storm brewing outside. I could only hear the heavy rain followed by quiet thunder and the sound of my boots as I walked along side my father through the corridors. A calm silence fell upon us as we walked but it was soon interrupted by my dad who was still trying to read my thoughts.

"I remember the first time I walked through these very corridors myself. It was long before you or you're sister were born. Your uncle Elijah would never shut up about the elegance of this castle." he said with a smile on his face as he reminisced on good times. "Of course our stay here was cut short."

I nodded understanding completely what he was referring to, or better yet, who. His father, my grandfather, Mikael.

May he burn in hell along with my grandmother and great aunt. They can all burn in hell for all I care. Motherfuckers tried to kill me and my sister. Not to mention they hunted my family for centuries all because they were the monsters that they created. Hypocrites!

I came to a halt. "Dad?" I asked with a sudden seriousness in my voice. He noticed the change in my voice and stopped walking to look at me.

"Yes sweetie?" He was immediately concerned.

"I'll be safe here right? She won't find me here, will she?" My father could sense the worry in my voice.

"Now you listen to very carefully. You're are a Mikaelson and you're also my daughter, there's nothing I wouldn't do to protect you or you're sister. And I would never leave you in a place where you aren't 1000% safe. Hogwarts is safe and it will keep you safe. I promise." as he said this he cupped my cheeks and looked me straight in my eyes so that I could see he was being sincere. I nod and give him a weak smile, hoping that he couldn't still sense my worry.

Although his words were slightly calming, I still couldn't shake this feeling of worry. I mean it's completely understandable. Of course I was worried and I had every right to. I am the new kid at a new school, I am completely alone, oh and yeah, this school is on an entirely different continent! I'm only fourteen and now all of a sudden I'm living in a boarding school in a country I've never been to. You may be asking "why?" Well, you see there's this teeny tiny little problem, I'm being hunted down and I've spent the last three years of my life in hiding. You'd think after all my time in hiding I'd be used to this but this time things were different, this time I would be completely alone. That is what worries me.

"You're right dad. I'm a Mikaelson, I can do this." I lied. But maybe if I kept telling myself that I would eventually believe it.

"That's right! Besides, do you really think I would leave here without leaving people to watch over you. I still have some old friends that are professors here and they have clear instructions to keep you safe." he said with a big smile, he was clearly very proud of himself. I loved seeing my dad smile.