“Aw! I love when you’re cliché. It’s so adorable,” Luka said, wrapping his arms around me and hugging me tightly. “You’re adorable Connor! Cliché Connor!”

                I rolled my eyes and shook my head at him. He shut his locker when he was done exchanging his books and grabbed my hand.

                “Come on Connor! Let’s go find Blake and Felix,” he said, pulling me down the hallway.

                I had to keep reminding myself that seeing Blake wouldn’t be a problem. I had clearly gotten my point across to him. If I had to pretend that everything was normal, I would. But only for Luka’s sake. Other than that, I didn’t want anything more to do with Blake.

                “Felix! Where’s Blake?” Luka asked curiously, going over to Felix.

                Felix shrugged as we stepped up to him. “He said he had to go talk to his math teacher about something. He probably won’t catch up to us before first period, but he’ll be there during lunch,” he said.

                Huh, was Blake trying to avoid me? Or did he really have to talk to his math teacher?

                I let it drop from my mind as the bell exploded. We waved to each other before taking off to class. When lunch came around, we sat at our usual table with no sign of Blake.

                “Where’s Blake?” Luka asked with a frown. “I haven’t seen him all day!”

                “Good to know I’ve been missed.”

                We all turned to face Blake. He grinned at us and took his usual seat at the table. He didn’t look at me as sat down.

                “Where have you been all day Blake?” Luka asked curiously.

                “I’ve been around,” Blake said with a shrug. “Sorry I didn’t see you guys this morning. I had to talk to my teacher.”

                “It’s okay! Hey, guys, guess what?” Luka was bouncing up and down in excitement.

                “What, Luka?” we all asked at the same time.

                He grinned widely, reaching into his backpack and pulling out a brown paper bag. “I brought Connor lunch! Now he has to eat.” He shoved the bag at me. “Here Connor!”

                “And Connor loses to Luka again,” Felix said, watching in amusement.

                “Yea, Connor seems to lose a lot,” Blake said, his eyes flashing.

                I ignored that comment as I took the lunch from Luka, kissing him before beginning to eat. Luka watched me with a smile on his face.

                “You know Connor, you don’t usually eat a lot, but you’re appetite seems to be better. You haven’t skipped a meal since Saturday,” Luka said, looking like he was about to explode with happiness.

                “Yea, I feel a lot better,” I said, smiling and kissing his cheek. “And I told you I would work on my appetite.”

                Honestly, I was beginning to feel better now that I had ended things with Blake. My appetite was coming back, I had slept better, and I was just generally happier. All from two days of knowing my affair was officially over.