41

"I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart. And no one will desert you. Just try to never grow up." ~ Never Grow Up [Taylor Swift]

2 YEARS LATER

"Fuck your parents," Jimin curses under his breath as he holds Lily in one arm as he shoves the groceries in the back of the van.

"Mimi!" Lily giggles innocently, curling her tiny hands in his shirt.

"What, baby?" Jimin coos, stepping back and throwing his foot up to the top of the trunk to bring it down.

Hey, what could Jimin say? His flexibility did come in handy sometimes.

"Mama?" Lily whines.

"We're gonna go see mama now," Jimin promises, opening the door before strapping her in her car seat. "Are you excited for your birthday party? Your parents are getting everything all set up."

"Dada?" Lily pouts, not knowing what the hell Jimin was saying but wanting her dad anyway.

Jimin sighs out a soft chuckle and kisses her forehead before getting in the front, and then they're off.

Jimin entertains her with some Disney playlist on the radio which has her dancing in her seat, and Jimin's grateful. Sometimes, when Lily wanted her parents and she couldn't see them in the next minute, she would burst into tears.

"The birthday girl is here!" Jimin announces as he carries Lily into the house.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LILY!" everyone exclaims, making her doe eyes widen.

"Mama!" she whines, reaching for Rosie immediately.

Rosie giggles, taking her baby into her arms and kissing her cheek. "Happy birthday, flower."

"Dada's got cake for you in the kitchen," Jungkook grins proudly, crouching down to her height.

Lily giggles, reaching her hands out to touch his hair. "Dada."

"Baby," he coos softly, nuzzling his nose against hers.

"Where's my granddaughter?" Arthur laughs, picking Lily up. "I can't believe you're two today!"

"Neither can I," Rosie sighs sadly. "She's growing up too fast."

"'Oonie!" Lily squeals as Yoongi tickles her stomach. "No, no!"

"How dare you tickle my goddaughter!" Namjoon exclaims, picking her up and shielding her. "You monster."

Lily giggles, tucking her face into the crook of Namjoon's neck as he carries her into the living room. There was a mountain of presents there, which was no surprise. Everyone liked to spoil Lily.

Rosie and Jungkook stand from afar with soft smiles as Lily opens up toys and clothes, their baby stumbling around to show everyone her new things.

"Dada!" Lily giggles, stumbling towards him with her arms up as she makes grabby hands.

"Hi, baby!" Jungkook exclaims, bending down and picking her up. "Are you ready for cake?"

Lily giggles and claps her hands, and Jungkook's off, sending his baby into a fit of giggles as he spins them around the kitchen.

"Here you go, my precious Lily," Rosie smiles, holding the cake in front of her. "Ready?"

"Happy birthday to you~, happy birthday to you..."

As everyone sings, Lily's doe eyes crinkle as she smiles. Everyone she loved was here, and Uncle Jin was doing this dance that was the funniest thing ever!

Everyone cheers as Lily blows out her candles—with the help of her parents—and she gasps as a slice of cake is plated right in front of her. She grabs her fork and messily stabs at it, and once the cake hits her tongue, her eyebrows furrow as she chews on it.

"Just like your father," Hobi laughs, shaking his head.

Jungkook hums in question, his eyebrows still furrowed as he chews on his own piece of cake, and everyone laughs at the similarity between the two.

"We were thinking of going to Lily's favorite park," Rosie informs everyone. "It's a short walk."

With that, everyone got ready and started their stroll towards the park. It was a nice day out, and Lily walked between her parents holding their hands happily.

"Up we go," Jungkook grins, picking Lily up and setting her on top of the slide.

Rosie laughs as Lily squeals happily as she slides down, her little light up shoes sparkling as they hit the rubber chips on the ground.

And then Rosie's laughter cut short.

Her mother is taking a stroll with a man. They're obviously together with the way their arms are linked together, and Rosie feels a pang against her heart.

Her mother suddenly meets her eye, and she stops walking. And they both stare at each other.

"Mama?" Lily whines, tugging at her pants to gain her attention.

Rosie snaps back into reality and picks Lily up, offering her mother a smile before returning her attention to her daughter. Her mother could take the smile however she wanted. Rosie wasn't even sure she knew what the smile meant, but after two years of not seeing her, a smile was progress, wasn't it?

"Mwah!" Lily exclaims as she kisses Rosie's cheek. And then she leans over to do the same to Jungkook's cheek. "Mwah, dada!"

Rosie and Jungkook laugh, looking at their daughter with stars in their eyes. She was their most precious creation, and they swore they would never let anyone or anything harm her.

Because after all, a precious flower such as Lily needed her fragile petals protected, didn't she?

THE END

It makes me so emotional that this book is coming to an end 🥺. Writing these books were the best moments of my life. I am so proud of these books and hope that you all enjoyed them.

Thank you for every read, comment and vote. Knowing that I get to help you all escape from real life for awhile makes my heart feel full.

I hope I made all of you proud and that I published books that you genuinely enjoy. I love you all from the bottom of my heart, and I don't want to say goodbye.

So, instead, I shall say see you later. 

In hopes of publishing another book in the future, I hope you all stay by my side.

See you later, my loves.

- Samantha <3