Chapter 61: Ransomware

A year and a half later...

Ji Pyeong's POV

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. Reaching out for my phone, I sit up immediately as I see a message notification from Dal mi. She's sent me a voice message.
"Good morning, my Ji Pyeong ah! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are the most precious one in the world. I love you forever and ever!" Dal mi's voice plays out in the message. It brings a smile to my face. I peer over and feel the coolness of the bed next to me.

"I wish you were here with me." I smile, thinking of her. An idea has been fluttering around in my mind for the past month and today, I'm ready to lock it in.

A gentle breeze blows across the street as I make my way down the shops to SwanJewel.

"Hello, how may I help you?" The shop assistant asks me.

"Hello, I'm looking for a proposal ring." I say, unable to control the huge smile on my face.

~

I twirl the ring box in my hand nervously as I walk into the Sandbox lobby. I rehearse my speech over and over again in my head. With each attempt, I have to stop myself from cringing.

"Ah, what if she says no because my speech is too cringey..." I sigh and shake my head. As I rub my temples, I look up and stop in my tracks and I see a familiar face.

"Do san?" I ask in amazement.

"Ji pyeong!" Do san smiles and waves at me. Standing beside him is a lady with brown eyes.

"When did you come back to Korea?" I ask him.

"Chul san, Yong san and I are just back on vacation." Do san explains.

"Ah, I see." I nod. I look at the lady who's with Do san.

"Let me introduce my girlfriend to you." Do san smiles as he draws the girl towards him. "Ji pyeong, this is Sung Kyung. My girlfriend." Do san beams. "Sung Kyung ah, this is Ji pyeong. He used to be my mentor when I was in Sandbox."

"It's so nice to meet you." Sung Kyung reaches out to shake my hand. "Do san has told me so much about you." She smiles.

"It's nice to meet you." I smile, shaking her hand.

"I heard Do san learnt how to text girls from you." Sung Kyung says with amusement.

"Ah yes, before he recieved my coaching, he was a hopeless case." I laugh.

"Yah!" Do san laughs shyly.

"I'll go upstairs first." Sung Kyung tells Do san.

"I'll come find you later." Do san smiles at her as she heads off.

"Her sister is one of the participants in Sandbox, so she came to visit her today." Do san explains to me.

"Ah, I see." I smile. "Wah, congratulations!"

"I think I should be wishing you congratulations too?" Do san says and nods towards the ring box in my hand. He winks at me.

"Ah, this..." I smile shyly and rub the back of my neck. "How long are you guys back in Korea for?" I ask, catching up with Do san.

"Ten days." Do san says. "But we may stay longer. Chul san hasn't tasted authentic Korean food for three years and I suspect that we'll be staying here until he satisfies all his cravings." Do san says.

Before I can answer, my phone rings. Dal mi's name appears on my screen.

"Hang on." I tell Do san as I take her call.