Chapter 51: Box of Cake

Ji Pyeong's POV

"Good morning, Mr Han." Ms Yoon says as she walks through the door.

"Ah, Ms Yoon, good morning." I greet. "I got Dong Cheon's message that you needed to discuss something with me today."

"Yes." Ms Yoon says as she takes a seat. She folds her hands together. "I want to promote you to Director of SH Venture Capital." She smiles.

"Really?" I ask, excited at the news. Ms Yoon smiles and nods.

"You've proven that you have what it takes to be Director." She says. "Congratulations."

"Wow, this is amazing news. Thank you." I smile at her.

"When you are officially installed as Director, you'll need to pay a visit to 2STO in San Francisco for formality sake to introduce yourself to them as SH's new Director, since they have been one of our biggest partners." Ms Yoon says.

"Ah, I see." I say, rubbing my chin.

"And when you are there, do drop by and see the Samsan Tech boys. I really am curious as to how they are doing." Ms Yoon laughs. "Sandbox somehow seems quieter without the three of them around."

"When do I head for San Francisco?" I ask Ms Yoon.

"Why? Do you have something important on your schedule?" Ms Yoon asks me.

"Ah, it's just that," I say with a slight blush on my face. "In Jae company is going to be launching Cheong myeong company soon and I just hope the dates don't clash." I say, thinking of how stressed Dal mi was when I found her last night.

"Don't worry, I made the necessary arrangements. You'll go down to San Francisco next week for a short three day trip. You'll be able to make it back for the launch of Cheong myeong company. Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on Ms Dal mi while you're in San Francisco." Ms Yoon smiles.

"Oh?" I laugh, surprised. "How did you know I was seeing Dal mi?" I ask.

"Dong cheon talks a lot." Ms Yoon nods and smiles. "He can't keep anything to himself. I'm sure the whole SH Venture Capital is aware of your relationship by now." Ms Yoon laughs.

I rub my neck shyly and smile.

"I DIDN'T SAY SUCH A THING!" Dong cheon suddenly bursts into the room.

"You gave me a shock!" I exclaim. "Were you outside eavesdropping?" I ask Dong cheon with a small smile playing across my face.

"MR HAN! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PROMOTION!" Dong cheon exclaims, avoiding the question.

"He looks like he's the one getting the promotion." Ms Yoon says with amusement as she watches Dong cheon do a happy dance as he congratulates me.

"WAIT HERE! I WILL GET THE CAKE!" Dong cheon says excitedly.

"Dong cheon-" I try to say but get cut off mid sentence as Dong cheon speeds off in the opposite direction.

Dal mi's POV

"Wah, I'm so hungry." I say as In Jae and I wait for the lift.

"I know right. What shall we eat? Kongguksu?" In Jae says.

"Yes, let's go!" I say hungrily.

"Are you feeling better?" In Jae asks me.

"Hm?" I ask her.

"You seemed really stressed the other day. Are you feeling better now?" In Jae asks.

"Wah, are you starting to show care and concern for me now? I'm so touched." I joke, feeling a sense of closeness to In Jae. "I may almost call you unnie at this rate." I say.

"Well, you can if you want." In Jae says and tries to hide a smile. "You can call me unnie when the rest are not around." She says.

"Ah, that reminds me." In Jae says as we step into the lift. "We need to find a designer for Cheong Myeong company. There is too little manpower to spread out between In Jae and Cheong Myeong company. I'll leave this to you to handle, okay?" In Jae says.

I smile.

"I already have a really good candidate in mind." I say confidently.

"Who?" In Jae asks.

"Jung Sa ha. Do you remember her?" I ask.

"Ah, Sa ha. The really tall lawyer right? I remember. Chul san would always follow her around like a dog wagging its tail." In Jae laughs. I laugh as well at the memory of Chul san's multiple attempts at wooing Sa ha.

"Ah, I wonder how the Samsan boys are doing now."

"Don't you follow Chul san's vlog channel?" In Jae asks me.

"What vlog channel?" I ask surprised. In Jae shakes her head at me.

"How could you not know? Aish, how cold hearted are you?" In Jae laughs. "Here, see?" In Jae says as she whips out her phone and shows me his vlog channel.

"Hello everyone!" Chul san says in English. "Today we are here at the Golden Gate Bridge! Wow, isn't it gorgeous, Yong san?" Chul san's voice rings in the lift.

"They look like they're doing well." I say, feeling a sense of contentment in my chest as I see them again.

The lift door opens and we almost dump into Dong cheon who charges into the lift. He holds what appears to be a box of cake in his hands and has huge pink congratulatory ribbons tied around his head and arms.

"Mr Park!" I say in surprise.

"Oh! Hello! Ms Seo and Ms Won!" Mr Park greets.

"Wow, what's with all the ribbons?" I ask him.

"Haven't you heard?" Dong cheon asks me. I look at In Jae and she returns my puzzled look.

"No, what is it?" I ask him.

"Ah, of course. Mr Han isn't the sort to brag about his accomplishments." Dong cheon says to himself.

"Huh?" I ask him again.

"Mr Han just got promoted to Director!" Dong cheon announces happily.

"REALLY?" I clap my hands together. "Mr Han as in Ji Pyeong, as in my Ji Pyeong?" I ask, feeling beyond thrilled.

"Your Ji Pyeong?" Dong cheon says with a baffled voice. "He belongs to SH Venture Capital." Dong cheon says with a touch of pride.

"Unnie, I'm sorry. I'll join you for lunch another day." I tell In Jae and she nods.

"Have fun and relay my congratulations to Mr Han." In Jae says and waves.