Chapter 32: 3am

Ji pyeong's POV

When I open my eyes, the sky is pitch dark. A small night light glows on the coffee table. The lighted numbers of the digital clock tell me that it's 3am.

I get a small shock when I peer down and see Dal mi sleeping peacefully on the floor.

"What are you doing there?" I whisper quietly.

I can feel the puffiness of my eyes. I rub them sleepily with the back of my hand.

As gently as I can, I lift Dal mi up in my arms. I tiptoe as quietly as I can towards my bedroom, careful not to wake the sleeping girl. Carefully, I lower her into my bed. Her head rests on the pillow and I cover her with a blanket.

In the stillness of night, I look at her. Her eyes are fluttered shut and her cheek rests gently on the pillow.

Gratitude and love pour out from my heart.

I lean forward, careful not to wake her.

"Goodnight, my love." I whisper as I kiss her forehead gently.

I take one last look at her before heading out to the living room, to the couch.

Dal mi's POV

I wake up in shock. Where am I? I freak out as I see the unfamiliar surroundings around me. I'm nested in thick, white duvet and pristine white pillows.
"AHHHH!" I scream in shock as I look at the foreign surroundings. WHERE AM I?

"ARE YOU OKAY?" Ji pyeong bolts into the room with a frying pan in his hand.

"What?" I ask him. Then I look around and it makes sense now. I'm in his bed...

I'M IN HIS BED?!

"How did I?" I ask, getting up. "How did I end up here?" I ask. Ji pyeong smiles at me.

"You scared me. I thought someone broke in or something when you screamed." He laughs, putting the frying pan down. "I found you asleep on the floor last night, so I carried you here." Ji pyeong explains. "Don't worry, I slept on the couch." He adds.

He sits on the edge of the bed.

"Do you know you talk in your sleep?" Ji pyeong gives me a smile filled with amusement.

"Really?" I clasp my hand around my mouth.

"Why? What did I say?" I ask.

"I couldn't make out what you were saying. But it sure did sound like you were scolding someone." Ji pyeong laughs softly.

I reach out and push his fringe away from his face.
"Are you feeling better?" I ask him.

"Yes." Ji pyeong smiles, though there are some residual feelings of condemnation lingering in his eyes. He looks soft in the morning light. His features are more delicate and gentle. His dimples illuminated in the light.

"I miss you, dimples." I say softly. "Smile more, okay? I get to see your cute dimples when you smile."

My words make Ji pyeong smile. I smile back at him and for a moment, we sit there: comforted and safe in each other's presence.

I get a small shock when my phone rings.

"Hello?" I answer my phone. "Oh, Do san ah. What's up?" I ask.

"Dal mi! Dal mi!" Do san say excitedly over the phone. "Where are you now?" He asks.

"Why?" I ask him.

"We got! We got it!" Do san says excitedly and in the background, I can hear the sounds of Chul san and Yong san cheering at the top of their lungs.
"What is it?" I ask eagerly.
"Dal mi," Do san is breathless from cheering. "We got an offer from 2STO!"