Chapter 14: Beer & Chicken

Chul san's POV

"Aish! Jeez! Why! Why! Why!" I exclaim in frustration as I refresh the page for the ten thousandth time. The number of downloads of our Noon Gil App remains... bleak. Beside me, Yong san is hitting the mouse furiously. I have a feeling we may need to invest in a couple more keyboard mouses at the rate we're going.

"What are you doing?" The beautiful Sa ha's voice rings beside me.
"I'm checking the number of downloads." I sigh.

"Constantly refreshing the page won't make a difference, you do know that right?" Sa ha says and shakes her head at me.

"Come on everyone! Let's go eat chicken! It's my treat!" Dal mi says happily as she skips around us.
"CEO Seo, how are you so happy?" I sigh.

~

"Aish, Dal mi, slow down a bit!" Do san tells Dal mi as she chugs huge glasses of beer.

"How are you able to drink so much beer?" I ask in shock.
"Exactly, the beer tastes especially bitter tonight." Yong san says sadly into his beer mug.

"Really? I find the beer especially sweet tonight!" Dal mi says in a drunken voice as she flushes beer down her throat.

"Ah, what is she doing?" Sa ha says. Sa ha reaches out to take a piece of chicken. I beat her to it and place a drumstick on her plate. I beam at her. It feels like the heavens have opened every time she looks at me. Sa ha stares at the chicken I put on her plate. She flips it back to the serving dish and glares at me.

Ah, even when she glares at me, my heart still flutters.

~

Ji Pyeong's POV

My phone rings as I run on the treadmill. Do san is calling me.

"Hello?" I say, trying to keep up to speed with the treadmill as I answer the phone. "Do san? Why are you calling me at this hour? Is something wrong?" I ask.

"Mm," Do san says. In the background, I hear what sounds like Dal mi screaming in a drunken voice.

"Is that Dal mi?" I ask.

"Orh, she's drunk. I can't seem to manage her... Ji pyeong, I know it's a lot to ask but can you -" Do san says.

"I'm on my way." I reply before Do san can finish his sentence. I hear what sounds like drunken singing in the background.

"How much did Dal mi drink?" I ask in wonder.

"Eight pints." Do san says.

"What?! Eight -" I yelp as my shoes slip and I fall off the treadmill.

"Ji pyeong?" Do san asks.

"I'm coming. Text me the location." I sigh before putting down the phone.

I rub the arm that braced my fall painfully.

"Aish, I really need to stop falling off the treadmill..." I groan.