Chapter 35: With You

Chul san's POV

"Aish, how much longer will they take? I left my handphone inside!" I complain as Yong san and I peer into the office window. We spy on Mr Han and CEO Seo as they huddle together in the corner of the office. Sa ha tries to maintain an uninterested disposition but still peeks through the window occasionally.

"Jeez. They've been hugging each other for so long..." I sigh, peering at my watch.

"Let them have their time. Dal mi is probably really upset about going to San Francisco." Sa ha says nonchalantly as she studies her nails.

"That's one thing I really don't understand about CEO Seo." Yong san shakes his head. "What does she see in Mr Han?" Yong san says.

"What's there not to like?" Sa ha asks in english. "He's good looking, tall and rich." Sa ha says with the corner of her mouth curling up into a smirk.

"What?" I exclaim. "Well you see, Mr Han-" I start, trying to find something bad to say about Mr Han, not wanting Sa ha to find him charming and filled with glory. But I find myself tongue tied and stopping mid sentence.

"Does Mr Han even have a single flaw?" I whisper to Yong san in bewilderment. Yong san rolls his eyes at me.

"What are you all doing here?" Do san emerges from the lift and asks us as he sees us hiding outside the office door. "Is Mr Han with Dal mi?" Do san asks, glancing into the office.

"Oh, yes. They..." My voice trails off as I don't know how to describe what CEO Seo and Mr Han are doing.

"They're being gross." Yong san says and starts to drag us towards the lift. "Come on. Forget about your phone Chul san, I'm hungry." He says.

Dal mi's POV

I rest my head on Ji pyeong's shoulder, feeling my heart relax as I soak in his presence. My cheeks are sticky with tears. I keep myself close to Ji pyeong, feeling his warmth. Ji pyeong has his arm around me, like a shield and he traces circles on my back slowly in a way that comforts me.

"I wish I could freeze time right now." I whisper.

"Hm?" Ji pyeong asks, there are still some hints of quivering in his voice.

"I want to stop time now. Right now. When it's just me and you." I whisper.

Ji pyeong nudges me gently so that I'm facing him. As I look at him, every cell in my being screams in objection to leaving him and going to San Francisco.

"You don't need to stop time. I'll always be here." He says sweetly and smiles with shining eyes. He touches my cheek lightly. "I'll write letters to you while you are there." Ji pyeong says and a small smirk appears on his face. His dimples peek out the way the sun peeks out behind the clouds to give light to the world.

I laugh softly at his inside joke. I lace my hand in his.

"Will you use your actual name this time?" I ask cheekily and Ji pyeong smiles shyly.

"Of course. I'll write HAN JI PYEONG in huge block letters." Ji pyeong says and scrunches his nose as he beams at me.

I take the moment to simply gaze at him, thinking about the boy I fell in love with fifteen years ago and how I've fallen even deeper and deeper for him who stands before me now.

"AH!" I suddenly sit up so abruptly that it shocks Ji pyeong for a second. "That gives me an idea!" I clap my hands together.
"What is it?" Ji pyeong asks.

"Ji pyeong ah," I start. "Are you busy today?" I ask.

"Mmm, I don't have anything urgent to handle today? Why?" Ji pyeong asks me, tucking away the piece of hair that fell on my face when I sat up suddenly.