Chapter 54: The Samsan Boys

Do San's POV

"I've never felt this tired since Demo Day." I say as I stretch my aching shoulders and arms. We've been coding for three days straight.

"Let's go eat. I'm hungry." Yong san complains. "What shall we eat?" He says as he gets up from his chair,

"Pizza?" I suggest.

"Pizza again..." Chul san whines.

"Pasta?" I ask.

"Pasta again..." Chul san whines even louder. "Aish! I want Korean food. I'd do anything now just to eat kimchi!" Chul san sighs hungrily.

"What about that Korean restaurant we went to last time?" Yong san suggests.
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU CALL THAT KOREAN FOOD? THAT RESTAURANT IS A DISGRACE TO OUR BEAUTIFUL KOREA!" Chul san jumps up and exclaims.

"I think he's hangry." I whisper to Yong san. Yong san nods in agreement.

"Not just hangry... Sahangry..." Yong san winks.
"Come on, come on. Let's go eat." I say as Yong san and I carry Chul san out of the office.

"I'd do anything for naengmyeon now..." Chul san sighs as we wait for the lift.

The lift door opens and my jaw almost drops as I see two familiar faces in front of me.

"Guys, I think I miss Korea way too much..." Chul san sighs. "I'm starting to hallucinate Mr Han." Chul san says as he stares blankly at Mr Han and Dong cheon.

"Really? Me too." Yong san says.

"It looks so real." I say as I reach out and wave my hand over the 'hallucination'.

"Ah!" Mr Han yelps as my hands goes across his cheek and I hear the slap sound. "What was that for?" Mr Han asks.

I almost fall backwards in shock.

"MR HAN? MR PARK? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" I exclaim.

"YOU'RE REAL?" Chul san exclaims. "OMG, MR HAN YOU'RE REAL! I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU!" Chul san starts sobbing and hugs Mr Han.

Mr Han looks taken aback and starts patting Chul san awkwardly.
"Is he okay?" Mr Han asks us.

"He never really is..." Yong san says.

"Mr Han! By any chance! Do you happen to have kimchi with you, huh? Do you? Do you?" Chul san sounds like he's crying.

"Ah, no. I'm sorry, I don't." Mr Han laughs.

"I'm sorry, Chul san misses Korea a lot." I apologise as I drag Chul san away from Mr Han.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Mr Han.

"Just a business meeting." Mr Han explains. "I had to meet with SH Venture's business partners." He says.
"YOU SEE! MR HAN IS BEING PROMOTED TO DIRECTOR!" Dong cheon leaps out behind Mr Han and says proudly.

"Really? Congratulations!" I congratulate Mr Han and he thanks us.

"How have you all been doing?" Mr Han smiles at us.

"Oh! Do you want to see our office? IT'S AWESOME!" Chul san says. He's clearly too excited to see another Korean in San Francisco.

"Sure!" Mr Han smiles and follows us.

"How is CEO Seo?" Chul san asks as we walk towards their office.

"Dal mi started working at In jae company." Mr Han starts.

"Really? I thought they hated each other?" Yong san looks at the mention of In Jae's name.

"Actually, they've been getting along really well. Dal mi is launching another company under In Jae company. Cheong Myeong company." Mr Han starts to fill us in on what has happened in the past few months.

"Wah, it sounds like they're doing very well." I say and smile.

"Ah, ah! Enough about Ms Dal mi. How is Sa ha? Have you heard from her?" Chul san interrupts our conversation impatiently. Mr Han laughs with a touch of amusement.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I should have started with the person that you're most interested to hear about." Mr Han jokes. "Mm..." Mr Han pauses for a second. "Actually we haven't heard much from Sa ha, other than she's returned to her old law firm." Mr Han says.

"Ah!" Mr Han says suddenly. "Sa ha is seeing someone."

"WHAT?" Chul san erupts.

"But then she broke up shortly after." Mr Han says and Chul san heaves a sigh of relief.

"But then she started seeing someone else." Mr Han says with a faint smile of amusement on his face.

"WHAT?" Chul san erupts once more.

"But then she ended that relationship too." Mr Han says.

I laugh at the ping-pong-like interaction between Mr Han and Chul san.

"So... in conclusion, Sa ha is still single?" Chul san asks. Mr Han nods and smiles.

"Aish, why didn't you just start with that. I feel like I've just gone through a huge emotional roller coaster." Chul san says and rubs his head.

"Here we are." I announce as we reach our office.

"Wow." Mr Han smiles as he explores the office. I join him, while Chul san and Yong san chat with Dong cheon.

"How is Dal mi doing?" I ask Mr Han. "I still remember that she was really upset when 2STO disbanded us and fired her." I say.

"She was shocked at first, no doubt." Mr Han says and his eyes seem to travel to a distant place, as if he's reaching back to Korea, where Dal mi is. "But she made another way for herself." Mr Han smiles affectionately at the very thought of Dal mi. "Dal mi is going to do many great things at Cheong Myeong. Did you know? She's working on a self-driving car project?"

"Really! Wah, she was really serious about it that day." I comment as I think back to the day when Dal mi reminisced about how she would have wanted to launch such a project with Samsan Tech.

"I'm glad to hear that she's doing well." I say. "I'm glad to know that she has you by her side as well." I say and Mr Han looks at me with a warm expression.

"I never got to actually thank you and apologise, Mr Han." I say honestly.

"Oh? What do you mean?" Mr Han asks me.

"In the past when I was almost insistent on being the Nam Do San in the letters." I say, thinking back to our younger days as if they were from millions of years ago. "I was quite immature back then." I laugh. "A lot has happened this year which made me grow in maturity. Each time I think back on how I behaved at that time... Oh! I really feel like cringing at myself." I pretend to get goosebumps. Mr Han laughs heartily and it's evident that both of us have let go of any hostile feelings associated from the past.

"Wah, do you remember how badly we fought over changing Halmeoni's light bulbs?" Mr Han laughs.

"At least I wasn't the one who carried all the books and plants around." I smirk at Mr Han.

"Yah!" Mr Han laughs.

"Really," I start in a more serious voice. "Thank you for everything, Hyung"

Mr Han looks at me with a small smile in his eyes as I call him Hyung.

"Thank you too, my dong seng." Mr Han says.