Chapter 52: Promotion Celebrations

Ji Pyeong's POV

"So as you can see, we have a projected market value of 62.7% in the following year and-" As I explain the numbers to the team, the door of the meeting room suddenly bursts open and Dong cheon charges in excitedly.

I look at him in shock mixed with pleasant surprise. He has tied pink congratulatory ribbons on his head and limbs.

"CONGRATULATIONS MR HAN!" Dong cheon announces excitedly like a loud hailer on blast. He stops short in his tracks as he peers at the other people in the room.

"Ah... you're having a meeting..." He says quietly.

"JI PYEONG AH!" I hear Dal mi's voice burst through the door. Her reaction is exactly the same as Dong cheon's. There's a hundred and eighty degree change in her tone when she sees the other people in the meeting.

"He's in a meeting!" Dal mi whispers to Dong cheon. She bows her head to the floor. They both do.

"How was I supposed to know!" Dong cheon whispers back to her.

"YOU'RE HIS SECRETARY!" Dal mi hisses back.

"Oh right." Dong cheon says and pretends to slap himself.

"Erm, so in conclusion," I quickly conclude the meeting while Dong cheon and Dal mi tiptoe out of the room.

~

"What are you doing here?" I ask in pleasant surprise after I've wrapped up the meeting and quickly head off to find Dal mi.

Dal mi jumps into my arms in pure joy. I catch her in my arms and smile at her embrace.

"CONGRATULATIONS! DIRECTOR HAN! I heard the news of your promotion!" Dal mi says cheerfully.

"Thank you!" I smile with her in my arms.

"Yah, Mr Han! I'm here as well! Don't I deserve a hug?" Dong cheon whines.

"Psst!" I stare at Dong cheon but a touch of amusement flickers across my eyes.

Dal mi leans forward and kisses me on the cheek.

"Congratulations!" She says sweetly. I smile at her and feel my expression melt with warmness.

"Aigoo, you two are so cute." Dong cheon coos.

"That reminds me, I need to tell you-" I start, about to tell Dal mi about my trip to San Francisco when Dong cheon interrupts me.

"Mr Han! Here is your cake! Blow out the candles!" Dong cheon says as he emerges with the other colleagues.

"Congratulations Mr Han!" They wish one by one.

"Thank you. Thank you so much." I smile at them.

"Blow out the candles!" Dong cheon says excitedly. I smile at the people gathered around me in gratitude and blow out the candles.

"Thank you." I thank everyone again and hold Dal mi's hand in mine. Her gaze flutters up towards me like a gentle touch.

"I need to tell you something." I tell Dal mi after the cake has been cut and everyone is happily enjoying it.

"What is it?" Dal mi asks me. I take her hand in mind and lead her out of the room.

When we are alone outside, I caress her cheek gently. Dal mi has this effect on me. I feel more alive and rejuvenated whenever she is around.

"I have to go for a business meeting next week." I tell Dal mi. "It's for formality sake to introduce myself as the new Director to our overseas business partners."

"How long will you be gone for?" Dal mi asks and touches my arm.

"Three days." I say.

"Three days... Seventy two hours... Wah..." Dal mi says. "Seventy two hours without my Ji pyeong. Aish, I'm going to miss you so much." Dal mi says in a child-like voice and I laugh with amusement. She throws her arms around me and sinks herself into the arch of my body.

"I'm going to miss you too." I say and I hug her tightly.

"Will you be back for the Cheong Myeong company launch party?" Dal mi peers up at me and asks.

"Of course. I'll fly back. I'll be back before you know it." I grin. "And also," I add. "The business trip is in San Francisco."

"So you'll see the Samsan Tech boys?" Dal mi finishes my sentence. I smile and nod.

"Wah, I wonder how they are doing." Dal mi says with awe. "Tell them I say hello!" She grins.