Chapter 60: Covered

Dal mi's POV

"You should get some rest. I can handle the rest of the skewers." I tell Ji pyeong. The clock shows that it's getting late. In jae has headed back home while Halmeoni and Mom have retired to their rooms.

"Don't worry, I'm not tired." Ji pyeong says and smiles at me. "You should get some rest. You must be exhausted from the launch party today." Ji pyeong chides me lovingly.

"Aigoo, I am sleepy." I say as I rest my head on Ji pyeong's shoulder. I say that just to have the excuse to rest my head on Ji pyeong.

Ji pyeong looks down at me affectionately. He draws his arm up so that I can lean my head on his chest. I fit my head into the space where his arm and shoulder meet.

I fit perfectly into his body.

With my head rested against him, I continue to help Ji pyeong make the skewers.

"How are you making them so fast?" I ask in amazement as I watch Ji pyeong's hands work swiftly and efficiently. His chest rises as he laughs softly.

"I used to help Halmeoni back at her old corn dog shop when I was younger. I guess you can say it really helped my dexterity." He says. I shift my head slightly to look up at him. My cheek is pressed against his chest.

"I should have stopped by Halmeoni's corn dog shop more often, then I would have been able to bump into you." I say wishfully. "Han Ji pyeong in his wild teenage years. I bet you were a mischievous troublemaker." I say.

"On the contrary, I was a very good student!" Ji pyeong argues back and encircles his arm around me. "I got straight As!" He says.
"Aish, what a flex." I laugh. "I do wish though..." I say in a more serious tone now. "I do wish many many times over and over again that I had met you back then... fifteen years ago. Not just on letters... but in real life." I say wishfully.
"Hm?" Ji pyeong asks.

"It's nothing much. I just wish I could've been there with you for those years." I say quietly. "I would've kept pestering you to help me do my homework, or help me do all my chores..." I wish. "And then you wouldn't have had to be alone..." I think aloud. I feel Ji pyeong smile.

"You know," He says in a comforting tone. Ji pyeong puts the skewers down and draws circles on my shoulder. "If you ask me to recall everything that has happened in my life, strangely enough, all the moments from my lonelier days as a child are so small... They're like a small speck of dust against the vastness of the entire universe." Ji pyeong says comfortingly. "What takes up the most space in my mind are you," Ji pyeong says, planting a kiss on my forehead as he says my name. "Halmeoni, the time I spent in SH Venture, Sandbox." Ji pyeong lists them down.

"Life has been kind to me. I don't feel lonely anymore. My heart is full." Ji pyeong assures me. I lay my hand over his chest, where his heart beats.

"I'm relieved." I say happily. It's always been a worry at the back of my mind - the void in Ji Pyeong's heart that came from his childhood. But I'm relieved, I'm glad that it's been filled.

Ji pyeong leans down and kisses my forehead softly. I tilt my head up and meet my lips with his. Ji pyeong leans backwards into the pillows on the couch. I lay down next to him. Ji pyeong encircles his hand around my back, to my shoulder. I kiss the tip of his nose and burrow my face into his shoulder. My arm stretches across his chest.

Ji pyeong kisses my head softly and whispers sweet things to me. His hand runs leisurely through my hair and I feel safe in his arms.

Halmeoni's POV

"Aish, why is my mouth so dry." I sigh as I wake up. I peer at the clock. It's 2am. I make my way to the kitchen with sleepiness hanging heavily over me.

"Oh?" I say as I spot something on the couch.

"Aigoo." I laugh softly in amusement as I walk over to the couch. Before my eyes, Dal mi and Ji pyeong sleep soundly on the couch. Dal mi is nestled safely in Ji pyeong's embrace and his arms stretch protectively over her.

"Aigoo, how did they fall asleep like this?" I laugh softly and peer at the unfinished skewers on the table. I tip toe into the room to get a blanket.

"Sleep well, my two dears." I whisper and drape the blanket over the two of them.