||Epilogue||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
Epilogue
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

Four familiar faces stared at her in awe, with wide, warm smiles on their faces. Her eyes lingered and slowly shifted from the joyful youngest sibling, to the knowledgeable older sister, to the bold oldest brother, to the insightful younger brother. Finally, her heart was whole again.

"Well come on, don't just stand there, get in!" Peter urged her excitedly.

"Hurry, Charlotte, before the doors close!" Susan prompted, gesturing her to come on board.

With time slipping through her fingers like sand, she dashed past the closing doors with her baggage. Instantly, she found herself stuck in an embrace by the four siblings just as the doors shut.

"You've decided to come back! I had a hunch it wouldn't take long!" Lucy rejoiced, still lingering on her while her siblings had released their grips.

"Lucy! I've missed you, all of you!" A cheshire cat smile was plastered on Charlotte's face as she met their eyes. "How long has it been?"

"Charlotte," Susan shook her head in amusement, "it's only been about a minute or two, here on Earth. We hadn't even gotten around to talk about how much we missed you."

Charlotte's face fell at the vast differences in their perceptions of time. The train jolted to a move, as she stared at them in incredulity.

"You're serious?" Her voice lowered in a whisper.

"Yeah," Peter shrugged his shoulders, "how long was it, in your experience? Suppose it had to have been really long by your expression."

"Give or take, about 5 years. So much happened in that time! Caspian and I were crowned king and queen, and Caspian built this massive ship to carry out his seafaring duties, and I was living in Cair Paravel after its reconstruction, and the resettlement of Telmarines had completed, and..."

She trailed off as her eyes gazed into a familiar pair of deep brown eyes. Edmund had been silent for too long since her return, with his jaw agape and his eyes widened. His features were tainted with bewilderment, as if she had just resurrected from the grave.

"What's wrong, Ed?" A giggle escaped her lips. "Don't you want to say hi?"

"N-no, well..." He finally spoke, with his tongue all tied up, as he ran his fingers through his hair. "It's just.. So... Surreal. You're here!"

Before she processed it, she found herself in his warm embrace. Instantly, his natural scent wafted into her nose, and his arms practically squeezed her waist. She brought her arms to his back, giving him a gentle rub.

"I hadn't even processed how I felt in those few minutes, but I surely hated the idea of not seeing you for a long time," he admitted in a low tone, soft enough only for her to hear it.

They pulled away shortly after, with their arms loosely hanging around each other.

"Also, he was just questioning if there's a chance we could ever get back," Peter jested as he ruffled Edmund's dark locks, breaking the two apart, "you just missed it by a split second."