||6||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
🍃Into The Woods🍃
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

They continued on their hike until they found themselves stopped at the end of a cliff. A river flowed below it, much to their perplexity.

"You see, overtime, water erodes the earth's soil," Susan explained in an attempt to hurt Peter's pride, "carving deeper.."

"Oh shut up," Peter retorted abruptly, annoyed by his sister's pride on her knowledge.

Edmund, Charlotte, and Trumpkin stood behind the three of them as they continued inspecting the cliff.

"How would we get across?" Charlotte asked, looking to Edmund for answers.

"Is there a way down?" He clarified, creating a chain towards Trumpkin for answers.

"Yeah, falling," he replied sarcastically.

"Well, we weren't lost," Peter insisted, attempting to defend his leadership.

"There's a ford near Beruna," Trumpkin suggested, "how do you feel about swimming?"

"I'd rather that than walking," Susan agreed.

"I agree, don't think I can take much longer," Charlotte sighed, turning on her heel weakly.

"Aslan? Aslan! It's Aslan over there!" Lucy's cheer caught everyone's attention.

Charlotte's head swiftly turned as she was eager to see Aslan. But her eyes were met with a plain rock sitting at a stone's throw over the other side of the cliff.

"Don't you see? He's right..." Lucy's smile dropped when she turned back to see nothing in plain sight but trees and rocks, "there..."

An uncomfortable silence filled the atmosphere.

"Do you see him now?" Trumpkin asked dryly.

Lucy turned back to him with a frown, "I'm not crazy. He was there. He wanted us to follow him."

"I'm sure there are any number of lions in this wood," Peter suggested, "just like that bear."

Lucy frowned at him, "I think I know Aslan when I see him."

"Lions in this wood?" Charlotte quoted with a frown, "if you're saying that, Peter, then I'd believe Lucy. Lions don't live in woods."

"Exactly," Lucy agreed hastily, relieved that someone believed her.

"Look, I'm not about to jump off a cliff after someone who doesn't exist," Trumpkin said tiredly.

"Last time I didn't believe Lucy," Edmund spoke up, looking at everyone, "I ended up... Looking pretty stupid."

"Why wouldn't I have seen him?" Peter insisted.

"Maybe you weren't looking," Lucy suggested.

"I'm sorry, Lu," Peter said, walking off to follow Trumpkin.

Lucy and Edmund shared a look with each other, then he gestured for her to follow them.

"Thanks, Charlotte," Lucy embraced Charlotte in a hug.