||24||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
⚔️Final Battle⚔️
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

Miraz dropping lifeless to the coarse ground was a bolt out of the blue. The colour drained from everyone's faces at the sudden turn of events. General Glozelle was already on a horse galloping away to their army.

Realisation then struck Charlotte on the conversation she overheard between the two the day before.

If he fails, we'll kill him. And the attack would proceed.

"They wanted to overthrow Miraz," she deduced, exchanging looks with Peter. "Sopespian and Glozelle planned this, and they wanted to proceed with the att-"

"Treachery!" Sopespian yelled, pointing at them, "They shot him! They murdered our King!"

Sopespian rushed in the opposite direction to join the Telmarines for battle.

"Be ready!" Peter warned.

"Peter!" Caspian shrieked in alarm, pointing behind him.

One of the Council members marched forward, raising his blade to strike Peter. Peter swiftly sliced him and took him out without an ounce of mercy, before turning to Caspian.

"Go!" He instructed with a bellow.

"To arms, Telmar!" General Glozelle's virile and stern voice was distinctively heard from across the field.

"This is it, Charlotte," Peter encouraged her, "this is what Edmund trained you for."

"I don't know," she frowned, shaking her head in distress, "what happened before..."

"What happened before was our fault, you suffered the consequences of our own mistakes, it has nothing to do with your skills." Peter's soothing tone flowed through her ears as she felt his hands gently grasping her shoulders.

"If your skills have anything to do with the last battle, you defeated Miraz in single combat, and that speaks loudly about you as a fighter," Edmund added, "you are ready."

"We let you down before," Peter apologised, meeting her eyes with assurance and confidence, "but we won't this time. We'll fight together, for Aslan, and for Narnia."

Charlotte was silent, as she examined his sincere expression.

"We need to watch each other's backs," she advised them, "I've overheard their discussions. We may be small in numbers, but we're a huge threat to them. They will stop at nothing to take us down."

"We will." Peter promised.

Gulping down her fears and doubts, she nodded slowly at him and glanced at Edmund.

"I'll be back," she assured him, "with a horse."

She sprinted back to the How, leaving the two brothers to stand in formation.

"Cavalry!" General Glozelle bellowed to his troops, "Attack!"

Peter and Edmund looked on at the army of Telmarines galloping in their direction. Boulders were blasted from their catapults, taking out a few of the Narnians. Edmund took a quick glance at his older brother, and back at them. He clung on to that ray of hope that Peter's plan would work this time, considering that they've got Charlotte back and faith in one another.

"Archers to the ready!" Susan instructed.

Peter swiftly glanced back at Caspian and Glenstorm, and they understood his cue to proceed with their battle strategy. Glenstorm galloped with Caspian towards the underground, signalling their troops in hiding to prepare for battle.