||3||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
👑Kings & Queens of Old👑
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

"You were rulers of Narnia," Charlotte stated knowingly.

"That's right," Lucy nodded with a grin, "I'm Queen Lucy, the Valiant."

"And I'm Queen Susan, the Gentle," Susan introduced herself with a curtsy.

"Careful though, she could take anyone out with a bow and arrow," Peter warned, before introducing himself formally, "High King Peter, the Magnificent."

"King Edmund," Edmund said proudly, with his head held high, "the Just."

"That's brilliant," Charlotte complimented, particularly intrigued by his title the most of them all, then bowing her head in respect when it hit her that she was in the presence of royalty, "your Majesties."

The four of them chuckled at her change in attitude.

"Please, we're just ordinary children from Finchley back on Earth," Susan insisted.

Then, their smiles dropped, and they appeared sullen. Charlotte noticed it, and then it dawned upon her that their castle was now destroyed somehow, and she felt her heart sink for them.

"I'm sorry that this happened," Charlotte apologised, taking another long look around the ruins, "it must have been a very beautiful castle."

"It was," Edmund agreed with a sigh, "and now it's all gone."

"Weren't there anyone else in this castle?" Charlotte enquired curiously, "it looks like everyone's left this place now."

"There used to be," Susan revealed, trailing off, "but..." 

"I'm not sure what happened here," she confessed, surveying the debris surrounding them.

"We have to find answers," Edmund prompted, "come on."

They continued walking on, and Edmund soon came to a stop, examining the ruins further. He kneeled down, his hands sliding over rocks, and his eyes full of concentration.

"Catapults," he thought aloud.

"Catapults?" Charlotte repeatedly worriedly, placing her hands over her mouth, with her eyes scanning all over the place for similar evidence.

"That's right, this didn't just happen," he reported, turning to his siblings, "Cair Paravel was attacked."

"Come on," Peter urged, walking forward to a thick wall.

He and Edmund collaborated to push and pull a thick wall which revealed a door. As he broke the door open, the door almost fell apart, causing Edmund to instinctively place a hand protectively in front of Charlotte. Noticing the darkness ahead of them, Peter started tearing off the hem of his uniform without hesitation.

"What are you doing, Peter?" Charlotte asked, perplexed.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Peter retorted, wrapping it around a wooden branch, "I'm creating a torch, of course."