||7||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
🌊The River🌊
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

Charlotte's eyes fluttered open, hesitantly greeting the bright sky above. She inhaled and exhaled deeply, surveying the view. She could not believe she had just seen her parents in her dream. It was a lovely dream, one where she enjoyed tea with them and met their effulgent smiles once more. Vexation took over her at the fact that her body had already regained consciousness.

"Looks like you two were up late," Susan gave a teasing smile.

Charlotte sat up and followed her eyes, seeing Edmund beside her, still deep in slumber.

"Nothing happened," she assured Susan, worried that she might think they were doing something indecent, "we were only talking."

"Of course you were. Wake him up, will you?" Susan chuckled, "how are your legs, by the way?"

"They're still sore, otherwise I suppose I'm alright to continue," she said sheepishly, a shade of pink spreading on her cheeks.

She looked back at Edmund and broke into a smile. He looked adorable with his eyes closed and his lips slightly parted. She poked his cheek, uncertain how to wake him. When he did not respond, she lightly shook him by the shoulder. He stirred in his sleep and his eyebrows furrowed. He let out a groan, flipping to his side and showing her his back.

"Ugh," he moaned groggily with a croaky voice, "piss off, Pete."

"It's not Pete," Charlotte giggled.

Edmund's eyes shot open instantly and met with hers. He sat up and cleared his throat, abashed at how he'd spoken to her.

"Oh," he said, running his fingers through his dark locks and combing it down, "sorry. Didn't mean to curse at you. Er... Good morning."

"Good morning, Edmund," Charlotte smiled.

"If only Ed was this nice to me every time I woke him up," Peter rolled his eyes, walking past the two.

"You should live with us, Charlotte," Susan teased, "it's practically the first time he hasn't woken up on the wrong side of the bed."

"Shut up, Susan," Edmund wiped his face, rubbing his eyes.

"We've still got a prince to find," Trumpkin urged.

"Let's go then," Peter prompted.

"Hold your horses, your Majesty," Trumpkin warned, his virile voice stern and low, "Telmarines were spotted earlier this morning. We have to be careful."

"How many are there?" Peter asked.

"I saw three, maybe four, but I don't know how many there are. They must be close by."

"Let's go check it out then. I'm sure we can take them," he said confidently with his nose stuck in the air, "come on."

"Peter, maybe you should listen to him," Susan argued, causing Peter to stop in his tracks.

"Well, do you know any other way to cross the river at this moment?" Peter challenged his sister.

"No," Susan frowned, her chest rising and falling angrily.

"Peter, not all of us are skilled at fighting," Charlotte reminded him gently, "Trumpkin knows what goes on in Narnia's current state. There has to be another way around if we just stop to think for a minute."

"We don't have a minute to waste, we need to find Caspian as quickly as possible, we're losing daylight," Peter insisted sharply.

"It's morning," she crossed her arms, "I'm sure Caspian is also looking for us."