||25||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
🦁Aslan's Arrival🦁
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

"The trees," Charlotte grinned with ecstasy with her hands over her abdomen, "they're, they're alive. I see it, Edmund, they're alive!"

Edmund glanced over his shoulder, fleetingly shifting his whole body around. By jove, she was right.

The trees grew their roots to great lengths underneath the grounds, reaching the catapults that hurled boulders at them at the end of the battle arena. With sheer force, they destroyed the wooden machines in a single blow, akin to crushing dry leaves. They travelled on all their hairy legs like octopuses, terrifying the soldiers.

"Lucy," he nodded in relief, "she's done it."

Edmund quickly shifted his attention back to Charlotte, extending his hand out to her, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," she assured him, attempting to get up, "don't worry about me."

"We can still do this," she assured him, "let's finish it."

"For Aslan!" Peter's yell was heard a few metres away, and they began charging forward to chase the Telmarines who fled into the trees.

Together, they sprinted after the soldiers. The chase continued on until they arrived at the riverbank.

They stopped in their tracks, observing the Telmarines carrying themselves forward towards the bridge and abruptly coming to a halt. Though challenging to make out, they caught a glimpse of a girl who stood at the other end of the old wooden bridge.

"Lucy," Charlotte beamed in conclusion, with her hand clinging onto Edmund.

Edmund subconsciously felt a smile creeping upon his face, and he glanced at his siblings gleefully, proud of their little sister.

Charlotte's jaw dropped as a golden figure emerged from the other side of the woods beside Lucy.

It was him.

The Telmarines were cornered, with nowhere to run. They had no choice but to surrender.

"My Lord, what do we do?" A soldier crouched down in fear, his survival mechanism to surrender activating.

However, Sopespian stood proudly before the lion, refusing to yield to his power.

"Charge!" He stubbornly bellowed, and the Telmarines proceeded to cross the bridge under his commands.

Aslan's eyes turned red with fury, and he let out a thunderous roar. The sheer force from his mighty roar instigated large ripples in the river, shaking the ground beneath them.

Soldiers who were halfway across the river were startled, caught in between serving their leader or bowing before the great supreme entity.

The water level dropped around the Telmarines. They glanced at one another, baffled by the phenomenon occurring before them. That was until, they glanced to their right, their eyes meeting an oncoming gigantic wave.

Their perplexity was soon replaced by terror, as they began scrambling among the crowd to flee the river. Hysteria spread among them like wildfire, as they pushed and shoved past each other, hurriedly seeking to get to safety.

The closer the waves emerge, the more deadly they grew in size. Then, a water entity of immeasurable height emerged, trapping the Telmarines. Alas, Aslan had summoned the River God.

"Whoa," Charlotte whispered, in awe of the miracles performed.

Using his waves, the River God washed the Telmarines off the bridge, breaking the ends of it in the process. He raised the bridge, which Sopespian stood stubbornly on.