||30||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
🛤Road to Earth🛤
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

A few years later...

Along the walls of the now rebuilt Cair Paravel, the old portraits of the Kings and Queens of Old were hung in memory of their past reign. Their perfect portraits were aligned in accordance to their past thrones - the Just, the Magnificent, the Gentle, and the Valiant.

The door beside these golden frames flew open as the Selfless queen strode out of her chambers and down the halls in a hurry.

"Edmund, Peter, Susan, Lucy," she greeted each second she passed each portrait, her heels striding as swiftly as she could. "Lovely morning."

She had them placed neatly outside her chambers so that it was as if they had never left her side. Every day and night, she greeted them as if they were present in the castle.

"The sun has risen, Queen Charlotte," Glenstorm spoke, his words almost drowned out by the clip clops of his hooves.

"Good morning, Glenstorm, has Caspian left yet?" She huffed beside him.

"He's preparing to set sail by the shores. He claims that he has a surprise to show you."

"Oh, thank you, Glenstorm, bless you, you've always been four steps ahead of me." She sent him a sweet smile and scurried down the stairs.

Glenstorm broke into a grin, shaking his head to himself. Windmane approached his side, and rested her head on his shoulder as their fingers intertwined. They gazed at the Selfless Queen making her way down the grand staircase with endearment and pride.

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

When Charlotte arrived at the shores, she noticed Caspian and his crew tossing crates and rolling barrels to each other on board. She sprinted over, lifting her dress and taking light steps as if she hopped on clouds. Her attention fell on the massive ship that towered before them.

"Caspian, your ship!"

It was gigantic, far greater and sophisticated than the previous ships that Caspian had learned to sail on. Her eyes darted from its tail, to its windsail, to its front where a dragon's head was crafted out of wood. Her words captured Caspian's attention, and he gestured towards the big ship.

"Ah, yes! Behold! The Dawn Treader!"

"I finally built it with the help of my crew," he gestured to an older man ambling down the wooden planks to shore, "this is Lord Drinian, he's taught me everything I need to know about sailing."

He was almost bald, and he towered over her. He was dressed neatly in three layers, a vest over his collared top and a coat enveloping them both to finish its look.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Queen Charlotte," the man bowed in respect, "I witnessed your coronation, and I hear you are the offspring of two very ancient rulers of Narnia, far before my forefathers were born."

"The pleasure is mine, Lord Drinian," she curtsied with elegance, "thank you for attending. Indeed, I am."

"It's quite exquisite," she gazed at the Dawn Treader in admiration, "perhaps, one of these days, I might travel with you, when the opportunity knocks."