||11||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
🥷Telmarine Spies🥷
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

Charlotte sprinted after Edmund, trailing behind him as they headed out of the How. He held out to her an extra sword when she appeared by his side, casually reminding her of their objective for the day's training.

"You remember what we're doing today, right?" He prompted, vaguely meeting her eyes as he released his grip.

She nodded, "Peter said it's very difficult to master."

"It is," he confirmed, observing the quiet trees as they made their way to their training station, "even he chooses to only wield one in battle."

"I'm not sure if I'm ready, if I'm being honest," she pulled an uneasy expression, wiping the sweat off her hand against her attire.

"Don't worry," He turned to her with a warm, genuine smile, "I have confidence in you."

Seeing his contagious smile was all she needed in the world to feel sure of herself. She could feel her heart melting at his simple friendly gesture.

"Of course, in battle, it's completely up to you," he reminded her, "I just think it would be good for you to learn, given that you're a fast learner."

Once they arrived near the lake, Charlotte sat herself down on the grass, anticipating his demonstration. She secretly enjoyed this part of the training, where she could simply admire his stance and fierce expressions. At times, she wondered if he noticed but simply ignored it.

"Most might say it's actually risky to use two swords in combat," Edmund shared, "because you've got minimal protection. You're exposed and vulnerable to attacks. So you must be a really skilled fighter to be confident with dual wielding."

"You may lack a shield," he demonstrated slowly with his blades, "but you've got two tools for attacking. You can bind your sword with theirs easily and use the other to attack."

Charlotte made sure to nod to indicate she was paying attention. She was paying attention indeed, but she enjoyed focusing on his features at the same time. His dark eyes were filled with concentration, eyebrows knitted together fiercely, and lips slightly parted. She stared intently at him, lightly biting her lower lip.

Then Edmund glanced at her unexpectedly. When their eyes met, she quickly shifted her gaze to the ground, not wanting him to realise she had been staring at him with a burning passion.

Little did she know, he definitely noticed it. He could vaguely feel her intense stare lingering on him from his peripheral vision. A smirk tugged on his lips.

"I don't know if it's my looks or stances you're focusing on," he lightly teased, "but I can tell you're quite enjoying this lesson."

She cleared her throat. Gradually, she began to itch all over, possibly from her shyness. Her hand raised to scratch her hair, attempting to put up an indifferent facade.

"Obviously, the latter," she scoffed, rolling her eyes.

He chuckled and decided not to press on the matter.

"Come on, let's try it together," he extended his blade, beckoning towards her, "I'll go easy on you."

She nervously picked up her blades and wielded them by her sides. Her insecurities easily shot through the roof, as she cautiously approached her trainer.

As Peter had warned her earlier, she struggled in coordinating her arms with Edmund's two swords coming at her from left and right. She was able to throw some attacks in the first few minutes, but it was gradually getting challenging to keep up with him.