||4||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
🔮The Prophecy🔮
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

"Seems to me that you need to retrain," Peter taunted Edmund with a smirk, as their swords clashed.

"I wouldn't be certain about that, High King Peter," Edmund challenged, unshakable in his claim, as he bound their weapons and swiped Peter's sword upwards.

The two brothers chuckled, throwing strikes at each other and the sounds of their sword clashing together echoed. Peter, using his taller height to his advantage, seized the opportunity to get his younger brother to lose his balance. To his astonishment, Edmund rolled on the ground brilliantly, and picked himself off the ground smoothly.

"I still know your tricks, Peter," Edmund grinned, striking back.

Their swords met once again, before Edmund swiped it up and hit it out of his hands.

"And I'm still the best sword fighter in Narnia," he announced proudly.

"So you are," Peter smirked in agreement, picking his sword and keeping it tucked away, "Looks like I'm the one who needs to retrain."

"But of course, you still hold the title of High King," Edmund praised with humility, "for your great leadership."

The sound of murmurs and chatters a mile away caused the brothers to turn their heads, meeting eyes with their sisters and Charlotte.

"Your dress is lovely, were there any more?" Lucy asked.

"Oh I'm not sure, Edmund was the one who helped me find it," Charlotte revealed, giving them a little twirl as they walked together.

Edmund did a double take at the girl wearing her mother's steel blue medieval dress. He blinked twice, taking in the view before him. She resembled the luminous beauty the moon would emit every night, which appeared brighter than broad daylight at that very moment. Though she did not significantly change anything else, he could not resist fixing his gaze on her with admiration.

Susan, gaining Peter's attention, gestured towards Edmund with her eyes, and Lucy was placing a hand over her mouth to stop herself from giggling.

Peter smirked slyly, recalling how Edmund was rummaging his chest wildly earlier on, despite having found different outfits that he could have worn, but was persistent to find his supposedly favourite blue outfit until he located it deep in his chest.

Charlotte herself noticed that they had donned similar shades of blue, and felt her cheeks heating up. She lowered her gaze shyly, realising that he looked charming in his clothes and how he smoothly slid his sword into its casing by his side.

"When you're done staring, Edmund, we really need to find out what's going on in Narnia," Peter cleared his throat, walking to lead their sisters.

Edmund frowned at his older brother, eager to argue but Peter had already left his side. Annoyed, he ended up rolling his eyes. Charlotte approached him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Brothers," Edmund shrugged his shoulders with an annoyed groan.

"I think you're blessed to have siblings," Charlotte smiled encouragingly at him.

"I suppose you're right," Edmund agreed, realising it was probably insensitive to be complaining about siblings in front of an only child, "by the way, he was just teasing the way I looked at you. Er- I mean, I think you look nice, that's all."