You/Lin Beifong - Forbidden

"You girlfriend is here

"You girlfriend is here."

You send Kya a glare, making her smile. You hated how she liked to tease you about Lin.

"She's not my girlfriend! She's just a regular."

"Whatever you say. I'll cover for you. Now go."

She gently shoves you to the entrance of the bar and then pushes you out.

"Did she just throw you out?"

You hear Lin from behind you. You quickly turn around with a smile, a little embarrassed that she had seen that.

"...yeah. It was my break and I didn't want to take one."

You lie. Not wanting to tell her the truth. You were perfectly content with the friendship that the two of you struck. There was no need to mess things up by bringing any feelings onto the table.

"Well I wouldn't mind some company. I'll buy you dinner."

She leads you through the crowd of people and out into the street.

X

The two of you arrived at a small dinner down the street.

"Feel free to order whatever you'll like."

She clarifies, knowing you might possibly pick the cheapest thing. You just nod and order a simple meal.

"So Lin, you don't usually come to the bar so early. Did you finish early?"

"Not exactly. My colleagues also kicked me out of the precinct. Much like your friend, they said that I needed to take a break. I was going to go home but I wanted to see you."

You were relieved that the waitress arrived with your food. You just hoped that Lin hadn't seen the blush on your cheeks. Sometimes you hated how she made it so hard to remain just friends. Lin often said things that made it seem like she wanted to be more than friends with you but that couldn't be possible. Lin was dating another cop.

The two of you make small talk as you eat. It's a little awkward but Lin manages to keep up the conversation. Lin soon pays for the food and the two of you head back.

"You don't have to walk me back. I'll be fine."

"It's late. Crime has been increasing and I think I'll sleep better if I walked you back. I'll never forgive myself if something happened to you."

You stopped walking, making her stop with you.

"Lin, you can't saying things like that."

"...I don't understand..."

"Things like you wanted to see me or that you'll never forgive yourself if something happened to you. We're just friends!"

Lin looks around before taking both of you hands.

"What if I want to be more than friends? I've only been saying things like that in hopes that you would get a hint. I'm sorry for not being more clearer."

You ripped your hands away from hers and stepped back.

"Don't. You're with that man. I saw how close the two of you were. I don't understand why you're doing this. Are you going to arrest me for being into women? Is that what you've been investigating?"

"No! I would never do that! I would be a hypocrite if I arrested you because I'm also into women. That man you mentioned was someone I pretend to date to get people off my back. I broke things off as soon as I started to develop feelings for you."

"You mean it?"

"I do."

You look away, suddenly feeling ridiculous for what you had accused her off.

"I'm sorry for what I said. I just never thought you would be into me."

Lin smiles as she gets closer to you. Placing her hands on your waist, she lets her forehead rest against yours.

"It's funny. I thought the same thing."

-----------       

All characters are 18+   

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing   

Toph Beifong/Katara - Injured

Korra/Asami Sato - MoveIn

Jinora - Wrong

Kya/Lin Beifong - Tires //family

Kyoshi/Rangi - Freak

Eska - Surprise

Lin Beifong - Arguments

Ming-Hua - Reformed

Lin Beifong - Work Trip

Toph Beifong - Reveals

Kuvira - Rivals

Asami Sato - Missing

Kya - Difference

Azula - Fight

Korra - Safe

Lin Beifong - Angel //friend

------------