36. Wish I Could Hate You ♪

Start from the beginning

"Way too long," he squeezed her real tight. "I been telling you to come out to Vegas for years and work is what finally brings you here?"

"You know I been busy man," Aurora shrugged.

"Clearly," Quan glanced down at the ring on her finger. "Congratulations Ro."

"Thank you," she blushed, purposefully using her left hand to hide her smile. 

"We gonna have to really catch up, but I got a few other people I gotta greet. But please, make y'all selves comfortable in the meantime. And it's an open bar."

"Thank you. And we'll definitely talk later babe," Aurora gave him a kiss on the cheek before he walked off.

"You really think you need more to drink?" Ryan asked Aurora once they made their way to the bar.

They'd lost Wyatt somewhere along the way to a group of half naked dancing women.

"I'm just ordering a seltzer, calm down," she rolled her eyes at how much Ryan tries to baby her like she's not a grown ass woman who knows her drinking limit. "You want something?"

"Just a bottle of water. Thanks," he sat down on the stool directly beside her.

"So how's is going with that one girl? Y'all still seeing each other?" Aurora took a sip of her water.

"It ain't work out," he shrugged. "It's whatever though."

"Damn cuz, why you ain't tell me?"

"You got your own shit going on with Dia and dealing with Sage. It just ain't seem that important."

"Did you like her?"

"Yeah... but it clearly wasn't meant to be. Ain't no big deal."

"I'm sorry," she wrapped her arm around him.

"It's really fine," he pulled away from her. "I swear it ain't even that serious no more."

"Hmm, well I personally don't think she was right for you anyway. I don't know... she just gave off a weird vibe. I ain't like her energy."

"You're just saying that to make me feel better," Ryan laughed.

"I sure am. Didn't know the first thing about that bitch," Aurora couldn't help but laugh.

"Anyways," Ryan redirected their conversation. "Do you think that..."

He was speaking, but about what? Aurora couldn't tell you if you paid her to. She wasn't focusing on any of the words coming out of Ryan's mouth in that moment because she was completely distracted by something— someone else.

"Lizzy..." Aurora whispered when she laid eyes on the woman from across the bar.

The very tall and very slender woman brushed her long dark brown hair behind her shoulder as she leaned over the bar to order her drink. She laid her perfectly manicured hand on the counter as she slightly threw her head back, undoubtably laughing at something the bartender said.

"Lizzy?" Ryan scrunched his face up. "Why the fuck you just say her name outta nowhere— ohhh," he let out a deep breath when he turned his head and saw her standing at the opposite side of the bar. "Oh shit."

Aurora wasn't sure why, but she got up, leaving her seltzer water with Ryan, and made her way across to the bar. And she could physically feel her heart drop more in her chest with every heavy feeling footstep she took closer to the woman— this woman she was seeing in person for the first time since she was 20 years old.