11. Long Nights ♪

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, June 21st
Los Angeles, California

"It's hot as hell in this," Diamant tried pull the leather material of the body suit she was wearing away from her, but it was skin tight.

"But you look great," Amelia was standing in front of her, re-curling pieces of Diamant's hair that had moved out of place between outfit changes.

It was her first full day back from Saint Lucia, and she was already booked and busy, having a magazine photoshoot for 'Essence Magazine' that same morning.

"I liked the first outfit better. I hope they don't use any pictures of me in this tacky ass fit," she pouted as she looked at herself in the mirror. It wasn't terrible, but leather just wasn't her style. "At least my hair looks good though," she looked at her curled bun and swooped bang, sporting the early 2000's aesthetic she's known for.

"It always does," Amelia smiled at her own work. She can really do anything when it comes to hair. Natural hair, braids, faux locs, sew ins, leave outs, lace fronts— no matter what it is, she always has Diamant looking her best at all times.

"I'm still nervous as hell though," she held her hand over her stomach.

"Why? You're already half way done with the shoot."

"Not about the photoshoot. Taking the pictures is fine.... the interview that goes along with it is stressing me the hell out," she mumbled that last part.

"Don't worry too much about that part," Liam, her recently re-hired publicist, walked through the open door at that exact moment. "If they try and ask you any personal questions, just steer the conversation back towards your music like we always practice."

"Now you know damn well that don't work with these nosey ass interviewers," Diamant nervously messed with her finger nails. "But thanks for the advice anyway."

"I wish you could tell them it's none of their got damn business when they start asking you intrusive questions," Liam sat down on the couch in her dressing room. "Because they always think they're entitled to know every fucking thing."

"Well it's my fault for putting so much of my personal business out there in the first place."

"It's not your fault," Liam shook his head. "People need to learn what boundaries are. They act like y'all are fucking zoo animals. Like your life is purely for their own entertainment and nothing else. Like y'all aren't real fucking people."

"In a way my life is purely for their entertainment," Diamant whispered. "Everybody wants to know the drama side of it, but don't nobody care about how I'm actually doing— how I'm holding up during all of this."