* 33. Sex Sounds ♪

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

"Since yo ass wanna steal my damn spotlight, I ain't even get to tell you my proposal speech," Diamant called out from the bathroom as she finished the last of her skincare routine.

"Why you ain't just say it back at the restaurant?" Aurora was laying on the bed, freshly showered, and checking work emails on her iPad while Diamant got ready for bed.

Everyone else was staying in a nearby hotel, not yet leaving because Aurora had a breakfast/brunch planned for the next morning.

"Because it wasn't exactly meant for other ears," Diamant got her notebook from her bag as she walked from the bathroom to the bed.

"Why? Is it some big secret or something?" Aurora closed her iPad and set it down on the nightstand.

"Not really a secret, but I wrote it for you, not for my entire family to hear. Plus— I briefly mention us having sex in it."

"Of course you do," Aurora let out a small chuckle as Dia sat down in the bed with her notebook. "I've never met anyone who loves writing on paper as much as you do."

"I like being able to feel the words I write on the page," she sat with her legs crossed under her.

"Okay. So let's hear it," Aurora lit a pre-rolled blunt and took a long hit from it.

"How the fuck you keep bringing that shit across country lines? And if you aren't, where the hell are you getting it from?"

"Don't worry bout it," she let out a little laugh, almost choking on the smoke she'd just inhaled. "You don't smoke like that anyway."

"Yeah, but I also don't want you getting in trouble for shit either."

"I love how much you care, but I ain't getting in trouble babe," she reassured her. "Now, this whole proposal speech?"

"Hold on," Dia took the blunt from Aurora's hand and hit it a couple times before handing it back. "Okay," she opened up her notebook to a page with sparkly purple ink written all over it.

To My Love, Aurora

Aurora, I've known I had a special connection to you from the first night we met. I felt this weird attraction to you that I've never felt with anyone else before, and it sometimes scared me because of how attached I knew I was getting to you.

But I think I really knew I was in love with you the first night we had sex— or almost did at least. And not even on no nasty shit, but that moment really did seal the deal for me. I don't think it was the sex itself, but more about how you interacted with me— how you listened to my body, how you respected me, how you let me be the one in control of what was happening. You let me control how far we'd go, and when we'd do it.