29. Truth Hurts ♪

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, September 30th
Atlanta, Georgia

"Do.... What a girl gotta do to get to you? I guess the bare minimum, cause she had you too

Every time I hit you up, you claim you with your crew. But come to find out that wasn't the truth

Do... Now baby tell me what I'm supposed to do?

When you out here playing games on these other hoes too. Doing shit with 'em that was only meant for us two

Do... Baby tell me what I'm supposed to do?

When just last night I was singing Stickwitu. You still got me sitting up here thinking bout you

Memories of the times we shared playing in my head like we ain't through

Baby tell me what I'm supposed to do... do to get my fucking mind off of you..."

Diamant was in the recording booth singing another one of the many songs she'd written over the past few months. She was deciding which ones she was going to send to artists that actually sing, which rap verses she was keeping for her own album, and which ones she wanted to scrap entirely.

It was late, the middle of the night actually, and Dex was the only one in there with her. It was their last night in Atlanta, so she decided to hit up the studio since she was having trouble falling asleep. Dex was sleeping though, but she went to his hotel room and woke him up because it wouldn't be safe for her to go anywhere alone at this time of night.

"I'm thinking about sending this one to Destiny," Dia took the headphones off her ears and set them on the hook the microphone had on it.

"You've said that about every song so far. How many singers you know, but you always naming Destiny? You might as well write and produce her whole fucking album at this point."

"Fine, I can hit up Keisha Reign. I ain't talked to her in a little minute."

"Months," Dex reached for Dia's water bottle and took a few sips from it since his was done. "Sometimes I don't know if y'all are still friends or not."

"We are still friends," she snatched her water bottle back from him. "We just both been hella busy."

"Mmm," Dex hummed. "So this song you just sang?"

"What about it?" She sat down at the computer/digital mixer and started playing with the audio and pitch of what she just recorded so it flowed together with the beat and piano accompaniment she made to go over it.